CA Service Management

• 1.  how service type changed according to priority

Posted Aug 10, 2017 04:56 AM

hi, i am facing issue for changing priority.

When changed priority, related service type gets changed but the issue is that it (service type) gets changed only when old service type not started.

That means when priority changed (at any interval of time after change order is raised ) first service type should get aborted attaching new service type but it  is not happening exactly.

• 2.  Re: how service type changed according to priority

Broadcom Employee
    Posted Aug 10, 2017 08:29 AM

Hi Mandar,

What version of SDM are you using and the patch level at which you are currently?

• 3.  Re: how service type changed according to priority

Broadcom Employee
    Posted Aug 10, 2017 12:41 PM

Hi Mandar,

I tried to reproduce the behavior in house on SDM 14.1 + CP04 environment. I created an incident ticket with Priority one value and a ensured that an priority SLA is attached to the ticket. I waited till the first Event triggered and moved to complete status.

Then changed the priority value to 2 and noted that the second set of priority SLA services are attached to the same ticket. After refreshing the ticket noted that the priority 1 related SLA service types are all cancelled / completed and the priority 2 related SLA service types are still in progress. 

Probably you may want to try this on a plain vanilla system for the correct behavior in your environment. Its working as per the OTB behavior in house.

• 4.  Re: how service type changed according to priority

Posted Aug 11, 2017 08:16 AM

yes, exactly same i am trying to implement for change order.

• 5.  Re: how service type changed according to priority

Posted Aug 11, 2017 08:17 AM

but for change order it is not behaving the same

• 6.  Re: how service type changed according to priority

Posted Aug 10, 2017 03:03 PM

Same thing with our french version of SDM 12.9 ...
    We have the same behavior as Maheshwar_Kusuma in production.

• 7.  Re: how service type changed according to priority

Broadcom Employee
    Posted Aug 11, 2017 09:08 AM

Hi Mandar / Remy,

I have also tested this scenario on the Change Order object as well and it is working as per the OTB behavior as mentioned above for the Incident Object.  You might as well want to add some log entries specific to the priority change so that we can identify If there is any issue in the behavior?

DO you see any error messages in the log during the priority change? what access do you have when you are working on the ticket update to the priority?