Clarity

• 1.  Advanced Reporting Parameter Input

Posted Aug 09, 2017 07:10 PM
      |   view attached

I am experiencing an issue in our Test environment that does not appear to happen with the same report in our Prodcuction environment.  The issue is that I have uploaded a report to the Jaspersoft Server and when accessed through Advanced Reporting, the parameter input is a floating window and not anchored to the left edge (where I see it in the same report in Production).  I did not create the original customer jasper report but I am working on it for an upgrade of functionality.   Additionally, I am not able to populate the list parameters.

I have attached a picture of what I see.  I am hoping that I have not set, or changed a simple option within the Jaspersoft Studio environment and that this is easily corrected. 

Thank you in advance for your guidance.

Michael. Tognetti

• 2.  Re: Advanced Reporting Parameter Input
    Best Answer

Posted Aug 09, 2017 08:23 PM

Hi Michael,

When you publish a report initially you have to link inputs controls and set how you want them to display.  In Jasper Report Server right mouse click on the report and select edit,  then select Controls and Resources, then scroll to the bottom of the page until you see

then Change Pop Up Window to In Page

Regarding the input controls itself you need to link them in Jasper Server after publishing.

In the same area as the Input Control options you will see a link that says add input control.

For your 2 keys follow the path that is highlighted in yellow above.  Note you will need to remove the existing Input Control and New for each parameter you have.  

I think this is documented somewhere (probably much more clearly then my documentation skills) but I am not able to find it at the moment.

Hopefully I have led you in the right direction.

Regards,

Steve

• 3.  Re: Advanced Reporting Parameter Input

Posted Aug 10, 2017 01:50 PM

Steve,

Thank you.  I really should have remembered this from training where it was covered.  I have been able to anchor the parameters list; although I broke some during the linking process which I have to fix.

Your response is appreciated. 

Michael