DX Unified Infrastructure Management

• 1.  How do I backup UMP config and automate the process.?

Posted Aug 10, 2017 11:56 AM

I have been working with UIM and UMP on a migration project from another monitoring tool.. I have access to the ump console but I do not own the ump infrastructure and have limited access.  I have lost all of my UMP configuration twice due to the environment being totally reinstalled as a result of data problems? that could not / would not be fixed.

Im looking for a (hopefully) easy way to backup my configuration that I keep having to recreate, including users, groups (accounts) , dashboards, logical groups in USM (filters)...?  These things seem trivial but I spend a lot of time creating and tweaking them to get it right and then BOOM .. all gone.

If I had a ways to save restore the entire config .. or better yet individual portlets/etc.. that would be so awesome... 

Then when the environment is totally rebuild I can say.. please reload my config from ????

• 2.  Re: How do I backup UMP config and automate the process.?
    Best Answer

Broadcom Employee
    Posted Aug 10, 2017 12:53 PM

Hi,

Something does not make sense.

users /accounts/ pages and setups for UMP are stored in the database.

if you ump server is redone then installing a new one and pointing at the old database should have you

back up and running without an issue.

the only way I see you loosing everything is if your UMP is installed on your database server and you are loosing your database.

If you are loosing your database you will need to work with your DBA on a backup and restore plan.

You can export pages and setup from the control panel in UMP to re-import them to a new server of the same version.

You might want to check out the liferay forums and documentation on this as UIM does not have that on our site.

the only thing that should be lost if you lose your ump would be some setting in the portal-ext.properties files

possibly a custom logo or images.

If you can provide a little more detail we might be able to provide better direction.

hope this helps