DX Application Performance Management

• 1.  Triage Map CA-Introscope R/T

Posted Aug 10, 2017 03:15 PM

In CA-Introscope's Treage Map, we see the clustered instances, my doubt is in the R / T column would be the average response time in the selected time interval?
     Here in my CA-Introscope in the Responses column (Conforme Imagem) we have some blank lines, this seems strange to me, is it normal?

In the chart of Stall Count we can see that we had about 150 more in the column below (Stalls) do not appear these same prox. 150 ...

Att

PotterMan

• 2.  Re: Treage Map CA-Introscope R/T

Broadcom Employee
    Posted Aug 10, 2017 03:25 PM

Dear PotterMan

Thank you for your question and the screenshot

APM Admins/CA Partners/Integrators

Please share your knowledge and help a fellow APM customer! 

If no one responds, then CA staff are welcome to contribute

Thanks

Hal German

• 3.  Re: Treage Map CA-Introscope R/T

Broadcom Employee
    Posted Aug 10, 2017 04:50 PM

Hi PotterMan,

This is not normal.  You should see a value >= 0 there.  I see you are using historical mode.  Does the same thing happen in live mode?

• 4.  Re: Treage Map CA-Introscope R/T

Posted Aug 10, 2017 06:12 PM

Hi! Musma03!

In live mode, value = 0 actually appears
    - Is the R / T column the average of responses?

Att

PotterMan

• 5.  Re: Treage Map CA-Introscope R/T
    Best Answer

Posted Aug 11, 2017 09:35 AM

Hi Potterman,

I'm going to take a stab at this....

The behavior of this screen changes depending if you are in live or historic mode. 

In live mode, the metric values in the table are the current, last measurement values.  The graphs are an average across all instances across the 8 minute live metric window.

In historic mode, the graph will re-scale depending on the size of your historic period.  The table values are now weighted averages, or smart averages.  So there is an algorithm that will average the metrics across the resolution period (168 minutes in your screen shot) and then weight the values so the high values are not averaged out. Depending on the metric, it might not be an average looking value, but the smart averaging will keep the high values making it look more like an addition value.

Now on to your screen shot....

The is sorted on R/T and there are more entries in the table since there is a scroll bar on the right.  So if you sort by the stall column from high to low, then you should see the stalls values greater than 1.

Hope this helps, might not be a 100% answer since I can't scroll through your metrics.  

Billy

• 6.  Re: Triage Map CA-Introscope R/T

Broadcom Employee
    Posted Aug 11, 2017 12:34 PM

Thanks bwcole  for a very detailed explanation of what you believe is happening.It is always good to see fellow admins helping each other.

I will mark this as correct since it provides a logical hypothesis and a possible next step.

PotterMan

Was Billy's answer helpful? Did you make any progress after reviewing or on your own? Do you have any followup questions after reviewing?