Clarity

• 1.  Priority as a Range in NSQL Portlet Filter

Posted Aug 10, 2017 04:27 PM

My NSQL is getting rusty. I'm certain I've done this before but it's been years ago...

In an NSQL portlet, I need to send in Priority as a parameter in the where clause and I'd like to present a range control to the user in the Portlet UI.

The code below works when the Display Type is set to Text Entry but fails when set to Numeric Range

AND (@where:param:user_def:integer:prj_priority@ IS NULL OR (i.priority = @where:param:user_def:integer:prj_priority@))

It's probable I could split this into two parameters and use a BETWEEN - but for consistency I'd like to keep the Date Range control users are expecting to see. This is a Chart portlet so priority is not available as a Dimension Property.

• 2.  Re: Priority as a Range in NSQL Portlet Filter
    Best Answer

Posted Aug 11, 2017 05:44 AM

I think you need to return "priority" as a (numeric) column in the NSQL (i.e. so its not a "param:user_def" field, its a "normal" returned field) and then you would just implement it as a filter field with a numeric range display format.

• 3.  Re: Priority as a Range in NSQL Portlet Filter

Posted Aug 11, 2017 10:13 AM

Thanks Dave for confirming I can't expect Numeric Range Display Type to magically do this for an NSQL parameter. I'll re-architect a different solution.

• 4.  Re: Priority as a Range in NSQL Portlet Filter

Posted Aug 11, 2017 10:29 AM

Well I don't know about "expect" I just don't think I've ever tried  whereas I do know that the other way works!