CA Service Management

Expand all | Collapse all

SDM 12.6 INSTALLATION FAILS

• 1.  SDM 12.6 INSTALLATION FAILS

Posted Aug 11, 2017 10:32 AM
      |   view attached

Hello all, Please am having serious issue here.

Few days ago I decided to launch servicedesk on our backup server as information was needed on it but error persist.

Later I decided to reconfigure the sdm as service was showing "starting" but realized the configure icon disappeared.

After much troubleshooting, we decided to uninstall the app then re-install and much failures encountered.

At the end we were able to uninstall. When we start to re-install again we begin to face this issue as attached here. This would have been logged as a case on CA support but the version is no longer supported again but we believe community would greatly be of help.

Please, we need help from all angles as this application need be up and running in order to save heads from rolling

Awaits prompt responses.

Warm Regards,

Amosu

• 2.  Re: SDM 12.6 INSTALLATION FAILS

Broadcom Employee
    Posted Aug 13, 2017 11:34 PM

Hello.

You can post the query to the below space.

CA Service Management 

The space is for CA SDM.

Regards,

Yu Ishitani

• 3.  Re: SDM 12.6 INSTALLATION FAILS

Posted Aug 17, 2017 01:07 PM

Hi Amosu,

As per Ishitani last update informed you, please create this Question on the SDM community.

If possible, could you please delete this Thread, or just mark as Answered!

Thanks!

• 4.  Re: SDM 12.6 INSTALLATION FAILS

Posted Aug 17, 2017 03:32 PM

I have moved your question to the correct community for you! 

Thanks

CJ

• 5.  Re: SDM 12.6 INSTALLATION FAILS

Broadcom Employee
    Posted Aug 17, 2017 03:52 PM

What OS version is the SDM server and what is the specific DB type of the MDB server?

• 6.  Re: SDM 12.6 INSTALLATION FAILS

Posted Aug 18, 2017 07:59 AM

Hi Amosu,

That error in your screenshot typically has to do with a hardware issue such as memory or hard drive failure. However, it could be something else coming across that way.  First thing we need to understand is what OS is being used, and what version of SQL is being used in this environment?  Additionally, is this a VM, and if so, when you are running the install media for 12.6 are you mounting the 12.6 ISO file to the VM from a network share?  If so, I would recommend copying the ISO to the actual machine itself, and then mounting it using a program such as MagicDisk.

Also, what is the end goal here?  What is this system needed for - its a backup or test system correct?

Thanks,

Jon I.

• 7.  Re: SDM 12.6 INSTALLATION FAILS

Posted Aug 22, 2017 09:26 AM

Hello Jon,

Kindly find below response to your inquiries in bold and italic format:

First thing we need to understand is what OS is being used, and what version of SQL is being used in this environment? The OS is Window Server 2008 and MS SQL 2008

Additionally, is this a VM, and if so, when you are running the install media for 12.6 are you mounting the 12.6 ISO file to the VM from a network share?  If so, I would recommend copying the ISO to the actual machine itself, and then mounting it using a program such as MagicDisk.  NO It's a physical box and not VM

Also, what is the end goal here?  What is this system needed for - its a backup or test system correct? The system is needed for production backup.

Thanks and Regards,

Amosu

• 8.  Re: SDM 12.6 INSTALLATION FAILS
    Best Answer

Posted Aug 22, 2017 09:46 AM

Hi Amosu,

Thanks for the additional info.  Regarding the ISO part - even though its a physical machine, is the ISO copied to the machine and mounted using an app such as magic disk, OR is the install media ISO on a remote share and you are mounting it from that remote share?   Again, typically that error which you mentioned usually means there is a hardware problem with storage or memory on the machine.  I would recommend talking to your server folks to have them run diagnostics on the machine hardware to test it out.  I have a feeling its a memory related problem.

Thanks,

Jon I.

• 9.  Re: SDM 12.6 INSTALLATION FAILS

Posted Aug 22, 2017 10:29 AM

Hello Jon,

Thanks for your prompt response.

Below responses for your use:

Regarding the ISO part - even though its a physical machine, is the ISO copied to the machine and mounted using an app such as magic disk, OR is the install media ISO on a remote share and you are mounting it from that remote share?  The ISO was copied to the machine and mounted using an PowerISO

Again, typically that error which you mentioned usually means there is a hardware problem with storage or memory on the machine.  I would recommend talking to your server folks to have them run diagnostics on the machine hardware to test it out.  I have a feeling its a memory related problem. This has been escalated to our hardware team as advised, I will share necessary update as soon as I get any.

Thanks and Regards,

Amosu

• 10.  Re: SDM 12.6 INSTALLATION FAILS

Posted Aug 22, 2017 10:31 AM

Sure - any time

Hope you guys figure out what the problem is so you can get this system up and running.  

Thanks,

Jon

• 11.  Re: SDM 12.6 INSTALLATION FAILS

Posted Aug 28, 2017 12:14 PM

Hello Jon,

Good day and thanks for your continual support all through.

Am happy to inform you that the server is back up and running fine now. Our hardware team discovered one of the hard drives is corrupted which affected the application.

We have re-installed the application and everything seems to be working perfectly as expected.

Thank you once again and weldone 

Warm Regards,

Amosu