Rally Software

• 1.  I can't see all iterations when adding a new user story

Posted Aug 11, 2017 12:39 PM

I have a board with several projects.  I have set each project's criteria to include 8 different iteration values.  When I try to create a new story in a certain project area, it won't let me see all of the available iterations.  I've tried to compare the correct stories that did allow me to set the correct iteration with the stories that I'm having trouble with and I don't see any differences.

• 2.  Re: I can't see all iterations when adding a new user story

Posted Aug 11, 2017 03:16 PM

One possible reason this may be happening is if the Iteration has its' state set as "Accepted" on the Plan-->Timeboxes --> Iterations view. Could you check this page for the Project/Iteration that is not appearing?

• 3.  Re: I can't see all iterations when adding a new user story

Posted Aug 11, 2017 03:29 PM

Hi Leah,

I checked and they are all showing as Planning.  Any other suggestions?

Thanks so much!

Kathi

FYI - I attached a screenshot...some of the projects only have 4 iterations and the others have the 8 that I added...

• 4.  Re: I can't see all iterations when adding a new user story

Posted Aug 11, 2017 03:53 PM

Hi Kathleen,

Can you share the query you are using to select the stories/iterations for your board?  I wonder if the selection criteria is limiting what you are able to see/add.  Also, did you add the iterations originally at the highest project level so that the same exact values cascaded down to all the teams in question?  I've had trouble before when someone manually added iterations to multiple projects one by one.

Thank you,

Becky

• 5.  Re: I can't see all iterations when adding a new user story

Posted Aug 11, 2017 03:56 PM

Hi Becky,

How do you show you the query?  I'm still a rookie with this application?

Thanks,

Kathi

• 6.  Re: I can't see all iterations when adding a new user story

Posted Aug 11, 2017 04:12 PM

Sorry, reading your original question again and maybe you are not using queries within the settings of the board at all.

When you are adding a new story, which 'Project' folder are you scoped to?  Could that be limiting your available iterations? The board may display multiple Project folders, but if you are adding a new story it will default to the Project folder to which you are scoped.  If you are in the 'Outsourced Projects' folder, then I would only expect you to see the 4 iterations available to that team.  Is that the issue?

• 7.  Re: I can't see all iterations when adding a new user story

Posted Aug 11, 2017 04:22 PM

Yes, that's the issue...some of the projects are showing all iterations and some are only showing 4.

• 8.  Re: I can't see all iterations when adding a new user story

Posted Aug 11, 2017 04:37 PM

How many iterations do the Projects have in the PLAN > TIMEBOXES page?

• 9.  Re: I can't see all iterations when adding a new user story

Posted Aug 11, 2017 04:42 PM

There are 8.  And now I've lost my view in TRACK for the CST Marketing Kanban   I think I need to stop trying to fix this on my own...do you know how I can get the CST Marketing Kanban view back under TRACK?  Sorry!!!

I've attached a screenshot of the revisions I've made...can you look at the 3 I made today and see if that could have affected why I can't see the CST Marketing Kanban under TRACK?

I'm also not seeing all of my User Stories when I'm in PLAN...oye...

• 10.  Re: I can't see all iterations when adding a new user story

Posted Aug 11, 2017 05:01 PM

It looks like you stopped sharing that custom page with that Project.  That is done in the page level settings icon (the gear) in the upper right corner.  If you can no longer see it under that Project, try scoping to another project and see if the page displays.  It just says 'stopped sharing' so I hope it is still out there somewhere.  Help content for sharing custom pages is here:  Create Custom Pages | CA Agile Central Help 

Is there a Project Admin or expert in your company that can help you live?  I would suggest looking around in help content a bit to see how custom pages are created and shared, and how Iterations should be created and shared.

Becky