CA Service Management

• 1.  show group member when click assignee

Posted Aug 13, 2017 05:01 AM

hi there, I want to make some modification in Incident Detail page. my scenario is as follow :

when we select Group and click to assignee field we want to show the group members instead of all users. 

by disabling Any_Contact option from Option Manager it browse only the Analysts  (contact type) but we have other contact types also...

your suggestions are highly welcome.

• 2.  Re: show group member when click assignee

Posted Aug 13, 2017 06:30 AM

Isn't this exactly the product has worked for the last years?
    meaning when a group is selcted and set in a ticket you can only select assignees which are a memeber of the current ticket group...?
    Which version of SDM are you running?

Kind regards

...........Michael

• 3.  Re: show group member when click assignee

Posted Aug 13, 2017 11:21 AM

Agreed,  its hard coded to look only at the analyst contact type.  No other contact type would be an assignee on a ticket - all itil certified help desk software would work this way.  Which other contact types were you looking to be able to set an assignee from?

• 4.  Re: show group member when click assignee

Posted Aug 14, 2017 03:28 AM

hi there, yes I know its hard coded but I want to add employees contact type also to be set as assignee...

• 5.  Re: show group member when click assignee

Posted Aug 14, 2017 09:38 AM

Hi Aqib - unfortunately the product is just not designed to do that currently.  The product is based on ITIL standards, in which you would not allow employees to be an assignee of a ticket.  Additionally, the employee interface does not allow the employee users to see tickets for other users.  This is by design.  Lastly, the only way that an employee (access type) would be able to see other people's tickets is by making the access type a "licensed" user - hence, an analyst, which would be able to see, and work on other people's tickets.

Can we ask what the use case is for having employee contact type users working as analysts?

Jon I.

• 6.  Re: show group member when click assignee

Posted Aug 15, 2017 12:13 AM

Hi there , yes I know its by default and its ITIL standard, but the use case is a little bit different in my environment. actually we’ve some custom contact types for example: Site_Manager

Now what is the scenario, when Group is selected and Assignee is clicked it shows only the “Analysts” in selected group.

We want something to show all the members, if we enable the “Any_Contact” it shows all contacts but didn’t carry the Additional Argument for search in specific group.

• 7.  Re: show group member when click assignee

Posted Aug 15, 2017 09:29 AM

Hi Aqib,

Unfortunately the system is just not designed to do that.  The option is just that - it allows "any contact" to be chosen regardless of the group, but it does not control contact types - those are hard coded in the spel logic behind the scenes.  I dont believe you would be able to change that functionality.  Instead of contact_types I would recommend using Access_Types to manage that - meaning to set the contact type on those folks to analyst, but put them in an access_type specific for them.

What is the reason you are using contact_type - and what is the contact type driving in your environment?

Jon

• 8.  Re: show group member when click assignee

Broadcom Employee
    Posted Aug 14, 2017 05:37 PM

Aqib, why not just change the heading of the group field? That is, for the current Group, you change to Assignee heading. And of course you may not want the current Assignee field there and then you just remove it from the

form page. WSP can do this easily or you can easily do this manually. Thanks _Chi

• 9.  Re: show group member when click assignee

Posted Aug 17, 2017 01:17 AM

thanks a lot for the prompt replies, using any other contact type is not that much important for me, but important is to get the group members when Incident assigned to to specific group. the scenario is.

out helpdesk staff assigned incident to specific Group then select group member as Assignee. foe example, a incident belongs to Network Group and Assignee is a single member of Network Group,

now when we enable Any Contact it wont carry the Additional Argument for search in specific group. if I uninstall the any contact it starts working.

what is need is following:

1- how can I make it carry the additional argument for search witin selected group.

2- I want this with any contact option installed coz there are other then analysts contact type contacts present in group.

• 10.  Re: show group member when click assignee

Posted Aug 17, 2017 11:36 AM

Aqib,

I am not sure what you mean by "additonal arguement" or where that is.   BUT, to confirm the scenario, what you want to be able to do here is assign an incident to a certain group, lets say GroupA.  Then  later on, you want to set the assignee field on that incident to an analyst that is a member of GroupA, and as such, when you do a search for contacts using the lookup link on the assignee field, you ONLY want it to show contacts that are members of GroupA correct?   Can you confirm that for me?

For the second part - the contact types - its hard coded and it will only show contacts in the analyst contact type. I do not believe there is a way to change that.  Not sure why you are so dependent on the contact_type rather than the access type or role... doesnt make a lot of sense.  Can you tell us what you are using contact_type to drive in your environment?  And why you wouldnt use Access Type and Role for that purpose?

Also - can you tell us exactly what version of SDM you are currently running?

Let me know,

Jon I.