DX Application Performance Management

• 1.  Download alerts descriptions and more

Posted Aug 11, 2017 04:32 PM

Is possible, get the complete alerts descriptions (not only the name), from it apm database and getting a text file, just as a csv file. This is necessary to document the alerts configurations, and present it to our customer on a simple format.

thanks

• 2.  Re: Download alerts descriptions and more

Broadcom Employee
    Posted Aug 14, 2017 04:45 PM

I'm not sure if there is a way from the APM DB.  Adding Hiko_Davis for any additional insight.

• 3.  Re: Download alerts descriptions and more

Broadcom Employee
    Posted Aug 14, 2017 06:01 PM

Alert information comes from the Management Module, not the APM DB. The most you can do currently today is

• list alerts in one or more modules,
    • activate/deactivate alert,
    • query alert state,
    • rename alert, or
    • delete an alert.

https://docops.ca.com/ca-apm/10-5/en/using/apm-command-line-workstation/clw-command-reference#CLWCommandReference-AlertCommands

• 4.  Re: Download alerts descriptions and more

Posted Aug 18, 2017 12:43 PM

Thanks for your reply, are you right, but i refer to obtain the configuration about one alert. the threshold, the caution and danger periods, actions aplied or resolution.
    For example, here my customer have a persons group for analysis of all variables of your all monitoring platforms and yours respective alerts. Them define the thresholds and recommend the caution and danger periods based on stadistic criteria or based on expert users criteria.
    Then, if I can get this configuration for all our alerts, I can get better the work relationship with this equipment. In Our case, them us replying with a excel sheet, this sheet containt the definition to some alerts. How to get this information one by one is tedious, they have a nomenclature that do dificult our work.

Thanks,

• 5.  Re: Download alerts descriptions and more
    Best Answer

Posted Aug 25, 2017 11:07 AM

Years ago I looked into unzipping the management module JAR, and then extracting the XML.  Once you have the XML, you could open it with an XML editor.

I started building a XSL, to display the XML in table form, but I'm not able to locate the file where I stopped.

I stopped since the XSD configured for the management module XML is not complete and XML Spy was having issues with the Alert Downtime Schedule section of the management module XML. 

The thought was that if I could get one of the many XML editor/display/gui generators set up, I could send the XML and the GUI to the end user, they make their changes then I would take the product XML, zip it back up and deploy it.  That way I wasn't giving admin rights to everyone.

Another thought was to use the sub-domain configuration and then define sub-domain administrators that have rights to their management modules and make changes to the alert settings themselves.

So if you want a spreadsheet, or CSV with all of the alert settings, there isn't a way out-of-the-box.

• 6.  Re: Download alerts descriptions and more

Posted Sep 08, 2017 11:58 AM
      |   view attached

Hi bwcole,

Thanks for your response, I have taked your sugestions and has developed this litle source code to resolve my requiring.

thanks to all!!

Attachment(s)

zip
    Module2ExcelXml.zip   66 KB 1 version

• 7.  Re: Download alerts descriptions and more

Broadcom Employee
    Posted Sep 08, 2017 02:26 PM

Thank you Fernando for sharing your program and Billy for his suggestion. We need more of this in this Community!