IDMS

• 1.  Can you please share IDMS v19 capabilities and your comments would be very helpful?

Posted Aug 12, 2017 12:40 PM

Hi,

We are recentely upgraded from IDMS V18 to V19. We are having the different application which involves the database support (SQL DBA, AS400)

I am primarly working as a IDMS Application DBA and support mainframe development team and Testing Team (SIT,UAT).

I am looking at the feasibility of leveraging any new functionality of IDMS v19.(for example, support to Java web enabled etc., and so...).

Can you please share the advantages and any new functionalities added in IDMS v19 and your comments would be very helpful.

Thanks,

Sushil Joseph

• 2.  Re: Can you please share IDMS v19 capabilities and your comments would be very helpful?

Broadcom Employee
    Posted Aug 14, 2017 08:00 AM

I'm sure the community members who are DBAs can share some personal experiences but the 19.0 features guide at Docops would be a start:

https://docops.ca.com/ca-idms/19/en/release-notes 

also there is an update:

https://docops.ca.com/ca-idms/19/en/enhancements-since-the-base-version-19-0-software-release  

• 3.  Re: Can you please share IDMS v19 capabilities and your comments would be very helpful?

Posted Aug 24, 2017 04:36 AM

Thank you Brian!

I will take a look the links which you have shared it.

Thanks,

Sushil Joseph

• 4.  Re: Can you please share IDMS v19 capabilities and your comments would be very helpful?

Broadcom Employee
    Posted Aug 14, 2017 08:36 AM

One of the features of IDMS R19.0 was support for SOAP-based Web Services.   Detailed information on the offering can be found here: Using Web Services - CA IDMS - 19.0 - CA Technologies Documentation 

Dave

• 5.  Re: Can you please share IDMS v19 capabilities and your comments would be very helpful?

Posted Aug 24, 2017 04:42 AM

Thank you Dave!

I will go through the above link and I will get back to you if need any future information.

Thanks,

Sushil Joseph

• 6.  Re: Can you please share IDMS v19 capabilities and your comments would be very helpful?

Broadcom Employee
    Posted Aug 24, 2017 12:58 PM

Just adding here that there a number of CA IDMS courses for V19 that cover topics such as web services, SQL enhancements, and the use of generic VTAM resources with parallel sysplex features. 

CA IDMS Learning Path 

Thank you,

Kelle Veverka

Program Manager, Education

• 7.  Re: Can you please share IDMS v19 capabilities and your comments would be very helpful?

Posted Aug 24, 2017 01:05 PM
      |   view attached

I may never use them, but I think I will sit in on these web-services IDMS sessions at CA-WORLD …..

Chris Hoelscher

Technology Architect, Database Infrastructure Services

Technology Solution Services

123 East Main Street

Louisville, KY 40202

Humana.com

(502) 476-2538 or 407-7266