Rally Software

• 1.  does anyone know of an app that exports the project hierarchy to csv?(not the portfolio hierarchy..the project hierarchy)

Posted Aug 14, 2017 11:45 AM

does anyone know of an app that exports the project hierarchy to csv?(not the portfolio hierarchy..the project hierarchy)

• 2.  Re: does anyone know of an app that exports the project hierarchy to csv?(not the portfolio hierarchy..the project hierarchy)

Posted Aug 14, 2017 12:28 PM

Hello!

Without an app this can be done from the classic scoping hierarchy (not personalized view). 

If you expand to see all levels, you can highlight, select and copy & paste to Excel.  Each level pastes into a new column, maintaining the parent-child visual.

Hope this helps!

• 3.  Re: does anyone know of an app that exports the project hierarchy to csv?(not the portfolio hierarchy..the project hierarchy)

Posted May 02, 2018 01:22 PM

Hi Claudia, can you be more specific about how I can navigate to the classic scoping hierarchy?  I would also like a visual hierarchy of my user stories.

• 4.  Re: does anyone know of an app that exports the project hierarchy to csv?(not the portfolio hierarchy..the project hierarchy)

Posted May 02, 2018 06:18 PM

Hello CarolBrumfield1350591

if you are presently using the personalized view where the menu is off to the left of the screen, go to your profile picture in the top right, then click on New Features.  A new window will open to toggle off the personalized view.  Once your view has updated, navigate to a page that does not have a lot going on or create a nearly blank custom page as the page will be copied. Then click the project picker in the top left and then the + sign below the Recent Projects section to expand all. Ctrl + A to select all and paste into Excel. Trim as needed. 

Then, go back to the New Feature menu to toggle the personalized view on again.

Not sure what do you mean with visual hierarchy of user stories?   Have you explored Work Views or the Deep Export app?