Service Virtualization

• 1.  How to extract request response pairs from MAR file without using Devtest Portal or WS

Posted Aug 14, 2017 01:46 PM

Suppose a HTTP/SOAP  service using RR pairs is created and some modifications are done and the post service creation ,some more RR pairs are added using WS or portal.After the changes are done,updated VSM is deployed.

Is there a way to extract all the rr pairs present in the MAR file without using Devtest WS or portal.

I know there is a way using WS or portal where you can base a project on the MAR file and see all the info.In Portal also,you can upload the MAR file to a project and see the RR pairs.

• 2.  Re: How to extract request response pairs from MAR file without using Devtest Portal or WS

Posted Aug 14, 2017 05:34 PM

Abhishek

You can try to modify the extension of that mar file to .zip and extract its content.

You should be able to see all the files available on that mar file.

Hope it helps.

Heloisa

• 3.  Re: How to extract request response pairs from MAR file without using Devtest Portal or WS

Posted Aug 16, 2017 09:21 AM

Hi Heloisa,

I tried changing the extension on the file from .mar to .zip but I was unable to do so.It doesn't work similar to changing extensions like from .xml to .txt etc.

Note:- I have unchecked "Hide extensions of known file types". 

Can you suggest me how to do it please

• 4.  Re: How to extract request response pairs from MAR file without using Devtest Portal or WS
    Best Answer

Posted Aug 17, 2017 04:26 PM

Abhishek,

The .MAR file is simply an archive file so changing it to .zip will work. What is the problem you are seeing when attempting to change the .mar extension to .zip? I have done this at multiple occasions without problems.

• 5.  Re: How to extract request response pairs from MAR file without using Devtest Portal or WS

Posted Aug 23, 2017 03:05 PM

Hi William,

Thank you very much.Changing browser worked wonders for me.Firefox could download the zipped mar file  directly.