DX NetOps

• 1.  OneClick is not working

Posted Aug 14, 2017 04:45 PM
      |   view attached

I'm not able to login to our DEV OneClick.

We replaced our main DEV spectroserver last Friday. The new one has basically the same name and IP, my colleague has done this a lot of times in the past. Thanks to Joseph Ackley we could solve the Archive Manager issue (https://communities.ca.com/thread/241782435-archive-manager-is-not-starting).

Now the issues are with the OneClick server, we cannot login. Thanks to its stdout TomCat logs (attached here) I saw the comments "No landscapes could be contacted"

So, it sounds like we have a similar issues as the "Archive Manager" one: How can I verify the OneClick landscape and change it in case it doesn't match?

Thanks!

Ricardo Nunez

Attachment(s)

zip
    stdout.zip   4 KB 1 version

• 2.  Re: OneClick is not working
    Best Answer

Posted Aug 14, 2017 04:52 PM

Make sure the SS's are up and running.

Make sure the $SPECROOT/.hostrc files in all the SS's have the ip or hostname of the OC in it. Better yet, just a single plus "+" character.

Make sure hostname resolution is working between the SS and the OC systems

Make required sure the ports are open between the SS and OC systems

Joe

• 3.  Re: OneClick is not working

Posted Aug 15, 2017 10:06 AM

Hi Joseph,

I reviewed everything and it seems OK. I even stopped the antivirus services, restarted the OneClick tomcat and same issue.

Is there anyway of resetting the OneClick landscape?

Yours,

Ricardo

• 4.  Re: OneClick is not working

Posted Aug 15, 2017 01:15 PM

You stated "We replaced our main DEV spectroserver last Friday. The new one has basically the same name and IP..."

If there is even a minor difference, you will probably need to update OneClick.

Check value of the locServerName parameter in the $SPECROOT/tomcat/webapps/spectrum/META-INF/context.xml file to ensure it is pointing to the proper MLS. Also check the value of the adminUserName parameter. This is the user OneClick is going to use to connect to the MLS. Make sure this is a valid user in the SS database on the MLS system.

If you have to make any changes to the context.xml, restart tomcat.

Joe

• 5.  Re: OneClick is not working

Posted Aug 15, 2017 03:39 PM

I realized that I was missed to add the OneClick account but to the secondary spectroserver spectrum group (we replaced this server one month ago). This sounds like the root cause. After that, still problems, but when I just put "+" at the main location server, OneClick "resurrected", but we're getting at the console:

Heartbeat Recieved: Never. This could indicate network problems, or that this SpectroSERVER is unable to resolve the hostname of this OneClick Server.

• 6.  Re: OneClick is not working

Posted Aug 15, 2017 03:48 PM

"Heartbeat Received" is OK now. I'll play with the .hostsrc file now

• 7.  Re: OneClick is not working

Posted Aug 15, 2017 04:32 PM

After a looooot of tests, the issue is that the main spectroserver cannot resolve the name of the OneClick server for some reason. So when I added the IP of the OneClick to the .hostrc instead of its name, OneClick "came to live".

I consider the root cause of both the issue we had with the Archive Manager and this one the fact the we forgot to add the OneClick account to the Secondary Spectroserver Spectrum group, when we replaced it a few weeks ago.

Thank you Joseph!

• 8.  Re: OneClick is not working

Broadcom Employee
    Posted Aug 21, 2017 04:11 AM

Dear all, 

it is very important that the OC-server at time of startup can get connected to the configured "LocationServer" (and - in case Backup LS is configured to this too!). See parms set in ./tomcat/webapps/spectrum/META-INF/context.xml. 

If name-resolution is not working - and/or there is a firewall issue - or there is any other reason the TCP-session etsablishment is not possible and/or may hang - then the OC-server startup will too. It then may appears the OC-server task is running but logon is not possible. 

See: https://communities.ca.com/thread/241780199-upgrading-ca-spectrum-ft-paired-dss-oc-server-hang-issue

This happens on FT-paired Spectrum/SpectroSERVER install or just on standalone Spectrum install. Main issue is, that the OC-server will first try to get connected to the configured LocationServer(SpectroSERVER) hostnames - and once primary and backup is configured - it will check for both and may "hang". 

As one symptom you will find the OC-server "service port" will be not opened in LISTEN status - even the OC-server task runs (http-bio* messages at stdout.log/catalina.out needs to be checked). 

hth / kind regards, Joerg