CA Service Management

• 1.  Is there a way to have a Survey sent out for unique Incidents and Requests but prevent the same link from being used more than once?

Posted Aug 15, 2017 01:24 PM

We are trying to have a survey go out to allow internal users to rate our help desk after a ticket has been resolved but only allow them to answer it once for each ticket that was closed.  It seems like if you enable 'Stricter Rules' they can only answer the survey once and are unable to click the same link to take the survey again, which is desired.  The downside appears to be that any future surveys using the same template will not be sent to them.

Is there a way to allow a user to submit a survey once per ticket?

• 2.  Re: Is there a way to have a Survey sent out for unique Incidents and Requests but prevent the same link from being used more than once?

Posted Aug 15, 2017 02:24 PM

Hi Richard,

The stricter rules should only prevent that same survey for that same ticket from being submitted more than once.  It should not prevent the same survey for subsequent tickets from being sent.  If the survey is not going out for subsequent tickets, then you will want to take a look at the configuration of that survey etc.  This should work exactly the way you are looking for i believe.

Hope this helps.

Jon

• 3.  Re: Is there a way to have a Survey sent out for unique Incidents and Requests but prevent the same link from being used more than once?

Broadcom Employee
    Posted Aug 15, 2017 02:38 PM

Richard, take a look at How do I make stricter rules send out a survey for each CA Service Desk Manager (CA SDM) ticket? ...your version is not 14.1? Thanks _Chi

• 4.  Re: Is there a way to have a Survey sent out for unique Incidents and Requests but prevent the same link from being used more than once?

Posted Aug 15, 2017 04:40 PM

Thank you for the very applicable TEC doc!  We are currently running 14.1.03.  We started with 02 and upgraded several months ago to test XFLOW.  I checked out NX.env file and did not see the ALLOW_STRICT_SURVEY_FOR_MULTIPLE_TICKETS variable that was mentioned.  Is that where I should see it or would it be in the Admin tab in Service Desk?

• 5.  Re: Is there a way to have a Survey sent out for unique Incidents and Requests but prevent the same link from being used more than once?
    Best Answer

Broadcom Employee
    Posted Aug 15, 2017 05:47 PM

Richard, please follow the steps in the tech doc to install this variable in NX.env"

To install this option run the following commands on the CA SDM server(s):

pdm_options_mgr -c -s ALLOW_STRICT_SURVEY_FOR_MULTIPLE_TICKETS -v Yes -a pdm_option.inst

To avoid losing this change when pdm_configure is ran, please also run:

pdm_options_mgr -c -s ALLOW_STRICT_SURVEY_FOR_MULTIPLE_TICKETS -v Yes -a pdm_option.inst -t

After installing the option, restart the CA SDM services.

"

Thanks _Chi

• 6.  Re: Is there a way to have a Survey sent out for unique Incidents and Requests but prevent the same link from being used more than once?

Posted Aug 16, 2017 11:07 AM

So I mistook the instructions as that variable would be a part of the install.  I have done that and am now able to take a survey for each ticket once. 

I just went through the incident process to create surveys for some other users to take to give us some data in our database to pull reports on but they are receiving the error:  AHD05237: An internal error with surveys occurred

We are currently researching installing the solution "RO92235: WIN-ERROR WHILE OPENING SURVEY OR CREATING TICKET" that will hopefully fix this.

Just as a quick side question: Is this solution included in the 14.1.04 cumulative patch?

• 7.  Re: Is there a way to have a Survey sent out for unique Incidents and Requests but prevent the same link from being used more than once?

Broadcom Employee
    Posted Aug 16, 2017 01:56 PM

Richard, yes, usrd3616 "ERROR WHILE OPENING SURVEY OR CREATING TICKET VIA EMAIL" is included in CP4. Thanks _Chi