Release Automation

• 1.  How to Get the Deployment ID?

Posted Aug 15, 2017 02:59 PM

Hi,

How I can find the deployment ID in post deployment steps which I will be using the as Input for ROC - Get Deployment Status action  By using ROC - Get Deployment Status action, I would like to find which post deployment steps are failed/cancelled during deployment execution. 

As shown in below snapshot, step # 9 is depend on all above steps and if one of them is failed or cancelled this steps is also cancelled. Here based on above logic I will take a decision and remove the dependency so that last step # 9 will get executed for rest steps.

FYI. - Step # 9 is a deployment execution summary steps from where our deployment status mail send to all required users. This steps getting values to write into in e-mail from all above steps. 

• 2.  Re: How to Get the Deployment ID?
    Best Answer

Broadcom Employee
    Posted Aug 15, 2017 10:22 PM

Hi,

You can use built-in parameter under Application Parameters to find deployment id. Release ID means deployment ID.

Could you try to use it?

Thanks

Yas

• 3.  Re: How to Get the Deployment ID?

Posted Aug 16, 2017 10:26 AM

Hi Yas,

As I see the Release ID parameter in Number type and there is no action avaialble whihc will provide the output with number type and as a Release ID or Deployment ID.

• 4.  Re: How to Get the Deployment ID?

Posted Aug 16, 2017 10:29 AM

Also Please suggest me which action will give the Deployment step status?

Am I using correct action - ROC - Get Deployment Status to get the specific deployment steps status

• 5.  Re: How to Get the Deployment ID?

Broadcom Employee
    Posted Aug 17, 2017 04:37 AM

I believe I answered your original question - How to get Deployment ID. 

Regarding additional question, it is better to discuss new thread after you check following thread, I think.

REST App Operation - Getting Access Denied 

Thanks

Yas

• 6.  Re: How to Get the Deployment ID?

Posted Aug 17, 2017 08:02 AM

Action ROC - Get Deployment Status returns current status of all stages and steps within each stage. You can then use JavaScript, RegEX or JSONPath to retrieve the values you need.

• 7.  Re: How to Get the Deployment ID?

Broadcom Employee
    Posted Aug 17, 2017 04:33 AM

Hi,

You can use [Release ID] for [Deployment ID] of [ROC - Get Deployment Status]. 

At least, it works fine on RA 6.2.

Thanks

Yas