DX Unified Infrastructure Management

Expand all | Collapse all

Device Availability Percentage for Time Range?

• 1.  Device Availability Percentage for Time Range?

Posted Aug 15, 2017 03:20 PM

Anyone figured out a way to produce a "traditional" report showing percentage of availability for a specific device over a given period reported on?

By "traditional" I mean "...last month device X was available 97% of the reporting period..."

Now I know this is not a reliable method of indicating true availability and therefore I won't go into a dissertation of all the reasons why. 

Until I can change the minds of those that want a "traditional" availability report, the traditional report will have to suffice. Unfortunately UIM seems to be lacking such a report and I don't see a way to create one.  While I can implement the ping probe, how does one implement such a report when an availability report does not exist?

• 2.  Re: Device Availability Percentage for Time Range?

Posted Aug 15, 2017 07:29 PM

Hello,

First what is availability for you? If the device answers ping? Or the Device Uptime keeps growing?
       If icmp ping os enought for you i think you have two aproaches first compare the succefull ping with the Fail ones, and the another aprouche is to raise an alarm when the test fail and than use the sum of the alarms duration for the report ( Spectrum CABI avability aproach )
    For the report you can use CABI