Symantec Privileged Access Management

• 1.  how to add account and access AS400?

Posted Aug 15, 2017 07:22 PM

anybody try before the AS400 connector ?

i tried to add an account and policy (but it couldn't pass it to the telnet session - there are telnet application )

i am trying to use it on POC at customer, but with following up with AS400 Target Connector - CA Privileged Access Manager - 2.8.3 - CA Technologies Documentation 

i find nothing. 

anyone have more details ?

thanks in advance

• 2.  Re: how to add account and access AS400?

Broadcom Employee
    Posted Aug 16, 2017 10:40 AM

The document you mentioned in your description should not be required to associate the account with the device. This should be pretty straight forward but I believe this may require opening a support ticket to troubleshoot the exact failure. Have you discussed this with CA Support yet?

• 3.  Re: how to add account and access AS400?

Posted Aug 16, 2017 05:40 PM

I have open ticket today ,,,but after that i  noticed some issues with the security team and their firewalls, they did not open the ssh ports to the AIX test servers (same POC scope and same request, i will investigate with them and return back.

but in general ,, the AS400 depend on Mindterm telnet app (not simple telnet communication ) ..

anyway after that i it will be clear if it communication or need special script to login.

thanks Joseph_Lutz

• 4.  Re: how to add account and access AS400?

Broadcom Employee
    Posted Aug 17, 2017 09:02 AM

It does make sense if the firewall is blocking the connection. When test you should keep the two parts separate and don't test autologin until the connection itself has been confirmed. If you can connect with CA PAM to the device and manually login... that is one part. If that works then add the target accounts and try to automate the login.

• 5.  Re: how to add account and access AS400?
    Best Answer

Posted Aug 20, 2017 06:51 AM

hello

we have open the communication ports, and with help of the support , (Thanks to Andreas Mueller from Support)

he advice to use the mainframe access method TN5250 applet , and it was much better rather than normal telnet with AS400. 

for more info check Device Features - CA Privileged Access Manager - 2.8.3 - CA Technologies Documentation 

best regards