CA Service Management

Expand all | Collapse all

I can't edit my reopened ticket

• 1.  I can't edit my reopened ticket

Posted Aug 16, 2017 07:53 AM

I have this ticket template that's closed, then I changed the status to Close Pending Cust Approval to reopen it to edit it. However, the ticket is uneditable. I tried to search for solutions but can't find one. 

• 2.  Re: I can't edit my reopened ticket

Broadcom Employee
    Posted Aug 16, 2017 09:24 AM

Hi Chad,

What version of SDM are you using and what is the access type / Role you have on the SDM environment? Is 'Close Pending Cust Approval' is a custom status? what status does this value put the template put to (considered as closed)

I have tested the behavior in house on SDM 14.1 version with CP04 environment. I was able to do the following with the default administrator account (servicedesk)

1. Create a template

2. Update the template to Resolved

3. Create a sample Incident using the template

4. I updated the status to Closed

5. I was able to create a incident with Closed template.

Let me know if you are able to do the same with an administrator account.

• 3.  Re: I can't edit my reopened ticket

Posted Aug 16, 2017 09:56 AM

Hi Maheshwar, 

I was able to do so, but what I need is to edit that closed template that's why I changed the status from Closed to Closed Pending Cust Approval which is basically re-opening the ticket. However, after that I can't edit the ticket in a reason that I do not know.

• 4.  Re: I can't edit my reopened ticket

Posted Aug 16, 2017 09:25 AM

Hi Chad,

What is the version of Service Desk and what error(s) do you on the GUI or in the stdlog when you try to edit the ticket after you put it in 'Re-Open' status?

Kind Regards,

Brian

• 5.  Re: I can't edit my reopened ticket

Posted Aug 16, 2017 09:54 AM

Hi Brian, The version is 14.1 and that's what I'm wondering, there's no error popping up when I can't do such. Also, I'm still new so I'm not that knowledgeable yet on how to check those logs. 

• 6.  Re: I can't edit my reopened ticket

Posted Aug 16, 2017 09:37 AM

Hi Chad,  I am not sure I follow you here completely.  I tried to follow you here by creating a new incident, setting it to be a template and saving it.  I then went into the template incident and changed the status to closed and saved it.  I then closed out of that window, then did a search for that template, and clicked the Edit button and I am able to edit the template even though its status is set to closed.  I am not sure exactly what you are attempting to do that may be different.  When you say "uneditable"- what specifically does that mean?  Can you not click the edit button on it?  Please provide us with the exact steps you are following and possibly some screenshots so we can test the same here.

Thanks,

Jon I.

• 7.  Re: I can't edit my reopened ticket

Posted Aug 16, 2017 09:50 AM

Thanks for the response guys, so basically these are the steps I did.

I created and saved a template with a closed status. Then, I want to change the quick template type, but I need to re open the ticket to change it so I "re-open" that same ticket/template for me to edit it by changing the status using the "Close Pending Cust Approval" status, but when I try to click Edit after I changed the status, nothing happened. I've tried other tickets with same status and edit but I was able to edit them. 

• 8.  Re: I can't edit my reopened ticket

Broadcom Employee
    Posted Aug 16, 2017 12:30 PM

So based on you response, is this happening only to one of template ticket? If so, can we correct this ticket using the pdm_extract / load command and get this sorted out for one time as a work around?

I don't see a reason to investigate on this further if this is happening only once.

You may want to update the details of this template ticket as per below queries

1. pdm_extract -f "select * from Call_Req where ref_num = '<Template_Ticket_num>'"

2. Pipe this results to a file and save it. eg: <xyx.txt>

3. Update the text file with the correct status that you wanted and save the file

4. Load the data back to the system i.e.

pdm_load -f <filename>

For example:

pdm_load -f xyz.txt

Let me know if helps you as a work around.

• 9.  Re: I can't edit my reopened ticket

Posted Aug 16, 2017 12:49 PM

Chad - I see that you have opened a support case for this one which was assigned to me.  I will get in touch with you to troubleshoot the issue together.

Thanks,

Jon I.

• 10.  Re: I can't edit my reopened ticket
    Best Answer

Posted Aug 17, 2017 02:51 AM

Correct, it is only happening to one ticket template. Also, thanks for the suggested solution. I already logged a support case and just happen to had this issue, why It is only happening to that one single ticket template.