CA Service Management

• 1.  Disable Mobile feature

Posted Aug 16, 2017 03:56 PM

The last time this question was asked is here:

Disable PDA/Mobile Functionality 

I'm not sure if it's answer is validated. Is there a way to disable it? If not, is there a way to add a "Go to Full Site" link? (I'm assuming through WSP?)

• 2.  Re: Disable Mobile feature

Broadcom Employee
    Posted Aug 16, 2017 04:42 PM

Very often the pda web site will display if the webengine is unable to recognize the browser (because it's an unsupported browser, or because a security setting on the browser is blocking the webengine from being able to get the browser information).

Under what situations are the people getting the pda interface? I'm concerned that even if you completed disabled or renamed all the forms, that you are still going to end up in a similar problem if the webengine doesn't acknowledge the browser as being valid, and instead of getting the pda they are just going to hit a wall.

• 3.  Re: Disable Mobile feature

Posted Aug 17, 2017 05:35 AM

Hi Marc,

As far as I know the only workaround to disable the PDA interface is just to rename that PDA folder.

Kind Regards,

Brian

• 4.  Re: Disable Mobile feature

Posted Aug 17, 2017 10:06 AM

Thanks for the quick reply guys! Well this issue started when we had a meeting with the CIO yesterday. His choice of IOT is his chromebook vs a laptop/desktop. I don't know the difference in browser versions between Chromebooks and laptops, but I'm suspecting SDM recognizes the Chromebook browser as a "pda" or mobile browser version instead of the full browser version.

Alex_Perretti , what you're saying above is different though. So if that's the case, what settings would he need to change to force the browser to see the full site instead of pda interface?

Brian_Mathato, if I rename the pda folder, can you confirm that it will always default to the full site with no errors?

• 5.  Re: Disable Mobile feature

Posted Aug 17, 2017 11:59 AM

Hi Marc - you are correct.  The browser on the Chromebook is seen as a mobile device browser on a mobile OS, thus it will give the PDA interface.  I believe there is a setting somewhere on the chromebook that allows you to tell it to force it to get the desktop site when hitting a website from the browser.  Something similar to this may work:  How To - Load full desktop websites permanen… | Asus Eee Pad Transformer Prime 

Just a thought.

Hope this helps,

Jon I.

• 6.  Re: Disable Mobile feature

Posted Aug 21, 2017 09:43 AM

Thanks!