Clarity

• 1.  Process start problem on issue object

Posted Aug 16, 2017 02:58 PM

I have created a process on issue object where the start condition is on update, check assigned to with previous value assigned to .Now even if I am not changing "assigned to" value in issue and just updating  any other field from UI it's starting the process even though condition is not met.i am on 14.2 with generic patches applied.

• 2.  Re: Process start problem on issue object

Posted Aug 21, 2017 10:27 AM

There's no way to keep the process from starting each time.  However, you can alter your process if you are concerned about actions or notifications being completed unnecessarily.  It's a bit of a work around but what I've done to address this bug is:

1) Audit the attribute on which the Start Condition is based

2) Add a new date field to the object

3) Add a new boolean field to the object with a default of 0

4) Add a gel script to the Start Step which compares the max created date on the cmn_audits table for the attribute to the current value of the new date field.  If the two values do not match, the gel script updates the boolean attribute to 1 and the date field's value to the timestamp of the created_date column of cmn_audits for the latest update

5) Add a post condition to the Start Step, if the boolean attribute's value is 0 then the process goes to the Finish Step, if it is 1 it goes to the next step in the process

6) Somewhere in a later step in the process, reset the boolean attribute's value to 0

• 3.  Re: Process start problem on issue object
    Best Answer

Posted Aug 21, 2017 10:45 AM

Hi Danish,

The issue which you are referring to was identified as a defect in the system -> CLRT-79030

This impacted 13.3, 14.2, 14.3 PPM versions and is fixed in CA PPM 14.4

Regards,

Samik