Layer7 API Management

• 1.  Is that possible to create an OBDC connection in CA LIVE API CREATOR? lf yes how can i do that?

Posted Aug 16, 2017 03:31 PM

How to create odbc connection in ca live api creator?

• 2.  Re: Is that possible to create an OBDC connection in CA LIVE API CREATOR? lf yes how can i do that?
    Best Answer

Posted Aug 17, 2017 03:14 PM

CA Live API Creator currently only supports jdbc type database connections. 

You can create an Idea(Enhancement Request) under the CA Live API Creator category of this community requesting that ODBC be supported in a future release. Ideas here are reviewed by the Product Management(PM) team for potential inclusion in a future release of the product. Other customers can vote and comment on these Ideas to let the PM team know they are interested in this feature as well. The PM team will update Ideas here once they have been reviewed to let everyone know if they have been rejected, accepted or wait-listed.

• 3.  Re: Is that possible to create an OBDC connection in CA LIVE API CREATOR? lf yes how can i do that?

Broadcom Employee
    Posted Aug 21, 2017 12:55 PM

Hi Amit,

Can you provide some additional background about your use case? If you are simply looking for a connection to your database, the included JDBC integration should provide what you're after. The product itself manages the connection and backend SQL execution based on the APIs and logic that you define...there shouldn't be any need to manipulate the connection itself. What data source would you like to use with Live API Creator? 

-Jaime

• 4.  Re: Is that possible to create an OBDC connection in CA LIVE API CREATOR? lf yes how can i do that?

Posted Aug 22, 2017 06:29 AM

Hello Jaime;

I trying to connect an ERP software through live api creator.This ERP software has only ODBC connection.In ca live api creator there is lots of JDBC connection but no ODBC.There is no option to create a direct ODBC connection in a ca api live creator.So I not able to connect the database of my ERP software directly with live creator.

• 5.  Re: Is that possible to create an OBDC connection in CA LIVE API CREATOR? lf yes how can i do that?

Broadcom Employee
    Posted Aug 22, 2017 04:15 PM

Hello Amit,

Live API Creator is not intended to connect to arbitrary unsupported data sources. Significant development effort is involved in adding a new data source, as we go quite deep and attempt to support a broad set of capabilities in each - specific data types, syntax, user-defined types, stored procedures, views, etc. If you would like to provide information about your ERP system and request future support, please do so.

• 6.  Re: Is that possible to create an OBDC connection in CA LIVE API CREATOR? lf yes how can i do that?

Posted Aug 28, 2017 05:11 AM

Hello jaime,

First of all,Thank you for your respond.

The ERP system I use is Tally Erp 9.It has ODBC connection.All the database of it cannot be directly connect with CA API LIVE CREATOR.The only option I find create a connection between Tally and Excel.Fetch the databases of Tally to Excel and save it in .CSV format.Then I able to access it through Live Creator.

But If there is any option of direct connection with live creator then it would be better.