Service Virtualization

• 1.  How to send data to MQRFH2 Headers?

Posted Aug 17, 2017 09:05 AM

Hi, We need to send data to MQRFH2 headers. Could you please let me know the steps that i need to follow in IBM MQ Send Receive (IBM MQ PUT) to send data to MQRFH2 headers of a particular queue.

• 2.  Re: How to send data to MQRFH2 Headers?
    Best Answer

Posted Aug 17, 2017 01:23 PM

The first thing is to make sure you should not be using JMS instead.  Most of the time, when RFH2 headers are involved it means MQ is being used through JMS and not Native.  If you're sure you should be using the Native step, then RFH2 support is built into the 'Contents' section.

In the 'Contents' section, click 'Text' -> 'IBM MQ Native Message' -> IBM RFH2 HEADER':

Click the '+' button to add a usr folder, then click 'Open Editor':

Click '+' to add a usr property with the correct type, then you can enter a key and value:

If you need an RFH2 folder other than usr, then make sure the 'PRO' button is enabled in the upper left and you will have advanced options under the top-level '+' button:

• 3.  Re: How to send data to MQRFH2 Headers?

Posted Aug 17, 2017 01:45 PM

Thanks Kevin for the reply. I will try and let you know the results.

• 4.  Re: How to send data to MQRFH2 Headers?

Posted Aug 24, 2017 02:09 PM

Avinash,

Have you had a chance to try Kevin's recommendations? If so, did it resolve this issue?

• 5.  Re: How to send data to MQRFH2 Headers?

Posted Sep 06, 2017 03:29 AM

Hi Reid, Sorry for the delay in reply, i have tried and its working as expected. I have marked the Kevins recommendations as correct  .