Clarity

• 1.  Editing Skills page in Resource

Posted Aug 17, 2017 09:29 AM

I want to edit the skills page for the resource like adding new field and hiding existing field. Is there anyway to do it? If so, where could I change it?

• 2.  Re: Editing Skills page in Resource

Broadcom Employee
    Posted Aug 17, 2017 10:45 AM

Skill is not an Object and you cannot configure the way its done for any other objects.

• 3.  Re: Editing Skills page in Resource

Posted Aug 17, 2017 11:00 AM

I just need to hide a field in skills. Is that no doable then?

• 4.  Re: Editing Skills page in Resource

Broadcom Employee
    Posted Aug 17, 2017 11:25 AM

I dont think so you can do that.

• 5.  Re: Editing Skills page in Resource
    Best Answer

Posted Aug 17, 2017 11:25 AM

No, that Skill tab cannot be hidden. Even if you go to the Resource object, you will not find any option to do that. User does not have any control on that. 

• 6.  Re: Editing Skills page in Resource

Broadcom Employee
    Posted Aug 18, 2017 09:30 PM

Hi

You need to modify clarity XSL file if you want to hide or rename a field in Skills tab. This is not supported by CA.

If you are on-premise customer, and if you want to modify or hide a filed in Skills tab, then you need to document in your customization list. 

This configuration will be overwritten whenever you performed upgrade.

If you want to rename filed name in skills tab, then

1. you  need to modify "skillAssocList.xsl" under "<Clarity Home Directory>\META-INF\resource\vxsl\skillassocs"

2. You need to modify "resource_view_en.properties" file under "<Clarity Home Directory>\resource"

3. You need to clear application caches.

If you want to hide Skills tab in Resource, then

1. You need to comment skills section in "resourceTabs.xsl" Under <Clarity Home Directory>/META-INF\projmgr\vxsl\resources folder

2. You need clear the application caches

Note: Modifying OOTB files is not recommended by CA and it will be overwritten the configuration changes whenever you performs upgrade.

Thanks

Senthil

• 7.  Re: Editing Skills page in Resource

Broadcom Employee
    Posted Aug 19, 2017 04:52 AM

Please be mindful of the changes suggested. It's just not only about supportability but it can cause upgrades/patches  to fail too.

Regards

Suman Pramanik

• 8.  Re: Editing Skills page in Resource

Broadcom Employee
    Posted Aug 19, 2017 10:32 AM

It may be. We have renamed skills filed name for one of our on premise customer and upgraded to the higher version and also applied patches many time. We never encountered any issue related to skills field rename customization during the upgrade.

One more thing, the customization will be overwritten whenever you upgrade the products. You need to apply the same fixes after upgraded the product.

Thanks

Senthil

• 9.  Re: Editing Skills page in Resource

Posted Aug 21, 2017 03:06 PM

Yeah, thank you for the info Senthil. I hope this won't work with on demand users though!

• 10.  Re: Editing Skills page in Resource

Broadcom Employee
    Posted Aug 21, 2017 03:08 PM

Yes. On-Demand never supported for any customization.

• 11.  Re: Editing Skills page in Resource

Posted Aug 21, 2017 03:09 PM

Yeah, thank you!