We just upgraded our Dev Environment to 15.2 from 14.3. I understand I can activate the new UX to test it out and get familiar. The question is, once activated, can I deactivate the UX to go back to the original UI?
You can activate or deactivate the new UX[15.2] from General Settings ->System Options in the New User Experience.
Once the New User Experience check box is enabled you can login using the below URL to see the new UX.
If you want to come back to classic PPM screen you need to have the access "Classic PPM - Navigate" granted to the user account.
You can Click the Classic PPM link to come back to classic CA PPM.
You can create a Menu Link to New User Experience to access within the Classic CA PPM,
1. Go to the project object
2. Go to the Actions tab and Create a new action like the below,
Make sure to select the type as External Link and Enter the URL
3. Once the Action is created go to Administration->Studio->Menu Manager and select Application Menu and click Add button and select Action Link and click next.
4. Give the Link Name and select the Action Name which is created to Link New UX and select the Parent Menu Item as Personal and click Save and Return.
5.Now the New UX Link is available within Classic PPM.
Currently the New UX supports Projects, Resources and Timesheets.
If you activate the New UX Timesheet option then the current Timesheet Menu link and Timesheet Icon will be removed from Classic CA PPM.
To access the UX Timesheet you can use the below URL,
New UX Project Screen:
New UX Resources Screen:
New UX Timesheet Screen:
New UX Classic PPM Link you will see only if the "Classic PPM - Navigate" access granted.
Yep, just untick the check-box in System Options to turn off the New UX (at least, it works for me in our test environment).
Thank you Arun! I appreciate your step by step instruction. It is very helpful.
Per below instruction; I tried to add “Classic PPM – Navigate” to my own account but couldn’t find that Access Right in the list. Is this supposed to be added as part of upgrade?
If you are upgraded from 14.3 to 15.2 then, yes this right is added as part of Upgrade for New UX.
1. Go to Resources and select your account and select Global option and click Add button,
2. Search for the Access Right *classic* and click Filter Button you will get the "Classic PPM - Navigate" access and select the check box and click add button.
3. Now the access is added to the user account.
Retrieving data ...