CA Service Management

• 1.  Parent/Child ticket behavior

Posted Aug 17, 2017 02:27 PM

Hello CA Commuities,

New to CA Service Management. First time posting a question. We recieved a request to prevent the closing of Parent (Req, Inc) tickets if any related child tickets and/or tasks were still open. Can this be handle with config changes or will it require some custom code. Any direction would be most appreciated. I have many years of ITSM Admin experience but all using BMC. 

Current Env:

CA Service Management - 14.1.02

Windows Server 2012 R2

Thanks,

Mike

• 2.  Re: Parent/Child ticket behavior
    Best Answer

Broadcom Employee
    Posted Aug 17, 2017 03:15 PM

Mike, out of box, you can't close a ticket if some of the workflow tasks of the ticket are not completed. So this is there for you without configuration or coding. For the parent-child tickets, you can use leave_children_open option to control certain

behaviors...if you have this option install with Yes value, you can close the parent ticket while leave the child tickets open; otherwise when you close the parent ticket all child tickets will be closed as well. Now comes the hard part: what you do such that you can't close parent ticket unless all child tickets are already closed? I don't think this configurable that is you would need to write spel code for it. I don't have some sample code handy here. Thanks _Chi

• 3.  Re: Parent/Child ticket behavior

Posted Aug 17, 2017 03:27 PM
      |   view attached

Hi Chi,

Understood. Much thanks for the quick update. Time to dig in and work on my solution. Have a great day.

Thanks,

Mike