ESP Workload Automation

• 1.  ca7 - combining agents, ARF and maybe something else?

Posted Aug 17, 2017 04:00 PM

We have a job that we have been running for years when we receive an email from a different department.   Now we are starting to use agents and we set this job up as a file trigger.  It so happens that this job usually runs twice a day but maybe a few times a month it will only run once a day.    Following are the steps I took to make this job work the way my boss wants....  but so far (even with supports efforts), I haven't managed to fix it to his expectations.   I welcome any/all suggestions.   (oh an a side note..  we never used ARF until now either).

I have the job coming in with schid=1 with an agent file trigger.  When it runs, it brings in the same job again with schid=2.    This works 90% of the time....   BUT  now for the exception. 

I've tried using arf with late flag but I can't cancel the job because I have to turn arf off to even 'be' able to cancel.   Support said it would be better to use EE - Elapsed time check.  

my first try =  

AM,CM=H,M=&JOBNAME JOB WAS NOT USED AUTO CA7CANCEL

AC,M=ARFP,JOB=&JOBNAME,FORCE=YES

AC,M=CANCEL,JOB=&JOBNAME,FORCE=YES,REASON=LATE

You are gonna laugh that I didn't think about arf stopping when I did the ARFP so the last line wouldn't even try to work.

Hopefully the above isn't too confusing but ask away if you have questions.    I want to automate it so that when the second run of the job (schid=2) isn't triggered that we somehow get it out of the queues in CA7. 

thanks for any thoughts on the matter

Renate

• 2.  Re: ca7 - combining agents, ARF and maybe something else?

Posted Aug 21, 2017 11:03 AM

What about scheduling a BTI job to run at xx:xx time and issue the following:

//DOXXXXX JOB (AAA,PROD,000),SCHED,CLASS=X,MSGCLASS=X

//* *******************************************

//* BATCH TERMINAL

//***********************************************************

//* CANCEL JOB OFF REQUEST QUEUE IF FILE NOT RECEIVED BY 7AM

//***********************************************************

//BATCH EXEC CA7BTI

//SASSBSTR.SYSPRINT DD SYSOUT=Z

//SYSIN DD *

CANCEL,JOB=ABC12345,REASON=SECOND RUN NOT TRIGGERED

/*

• 3.  Re: ca7 - combining agents, ARF and maybe something else?

Posted Nov 24, 2017 07:58 AM

Renate - when setting up the ARF - TYPE EE did you define the INT/ADJ ? -

The value of this field should be specified in hhmm format, and is valid within +/- 1 minute.

Example:

FUNCTION: LIST      (ADD,DELETE,EXIT,FORMAT,LIST,REPL,SAVE,SR,SS)  DEFCT: 02  
    TYPE: EE    SYS EQ *          SID EQ 0    RSTC GE 0     EM EQ *    DEFID: 2   
                         FROM: 01011975 0001     TO: 12312074 2359                         

JC, SC TST: STEP EQ *         PROC EQ *          PGM EQ *                     
    CC/ABENDS : ??? GE 000  __  ??? GE 000   __  ??? GE 000   __                  
                            ??? GE 000  __  ??? GE 000   __  ??? GE 000                       
    EC, EE, IS, LB, LE, LS TST:                                                   
                RO:                    DATE:           TIME:                       AO: ?  INT/ADJ: 0300      

Another question, in the ARF is the Final DISP -

FINAL --  DISP   :   CA-11?:   BYPGDG:    USAGE:    PROCESS:    CC:

The DISP can be F to force the job complete.   OR 

C

Cancel the job using the CA WA CA 7 Edition top-line CANCEL command.

F

Force completion of this job using the RESTART command with the FORCECOMP option.

P

Issue an ARFP command to purge ARF records for this job. Subsequent restarts will not be monitored by ARF.

Phon

• 4.  Re: ca7 - combining agents, ARF and maybe something else?

Posted Jan 26, 2018 11:44 AM

Thanks Phon,  this helped a lot.