Rally Software

• 1.  How Do You Create a Free Agile Central Account These Days?

Posted Aug 18, 2017 04:58 PM

#FreeAccount ##agilecentral 

We used to be able to create a free Rally (CA Agile Center) account that was limited to teams of 10 or less.  I need to reactivate or re-create a basic, individual account so I can experiment with the creation of custom pages in Rally using their Javascript API.

Are these free accounts still permitted?  Where do I create one?

Thanks.

MJS

• 2.  Re: How Do You Create a Free Agile Central Account These Days?

Posted Aug 19, 2017 12:32 PM

Hello miguelfuerte,

There is currently a Community Edition Subscription using your email address as the username.  It was created in 2016 and is still active, so you should be able to reset your password and access this Subscription.  I requested a password reset on your behalf and can see the email was sent.  If you still have an issue, the sign up page is here:

CA Agile Central Community Edition Trial - CA Technologies 

Michael

• 3.  Re: How Do You Create a Free Agile Central Account These Days?

Posted Aug 19, 2017 01:35 PM

Thank you, Michael!!

That link seems to just take me to a sign-up page for a trial.   When I try to Sign In instead of registering for a new account it just takes me to the communities site where I posted this inquiry.   

I think I just need the URL to the community agile central servers instead of the rallydev URL, which is for paying commercial accounts.

Do you have that URL, Michael?

Thanks.

Mike Strong

• 4.  Re: How Do You Create a Free Agile Central Account These Days?

Posted Aug 21, 2017 03:33 AM

Hello miguelfuerte,

All Agile Central accounts are accessed via https://rally1.rallydev.com.  From there you may login or request another password reset for the previous Subscription.

It probably isn't as clear now, but with the CA Technologies acquisition the names and process has changed a bit.  The Trial is the Community Edition.  On the page I linked there is a note:

Your trial of this CA product is not time-limited, but it is subject to the following quantity and use limitations:

• Up to 10 Users
    • Up to 5 Projects

Please let us know if you still have an issue accessing your previous Subscription.

Regards,

Michael

• 5.  Re: How Do You Create a Free Agile Central Account These Days?

Posted Aug 21, 2017 07:49 AM

Thanks, for the coaching, Michael.  Unfortunately, the password reset emails never arrive when I try to recovery link.  That's not your problem, though.   Not sure if there is support for that sort of problem for free accounts.

Thanks, again!

Mike

• 6.  Re: How Do You Create a Free Agile Central Account These Days?
    Best Answer

Posted Aug 21, 2017 08:24 AM

miguelfuerte,

I can see that they are being sent from our servers and accepted for delivery.  Is it possible they are being moved to Spam or caught by another email protection service at your end?  The password reset emails are sent from do-not-reply@rallydev.com.  If you had other filtering for notifications set up, these emails will also be filtered based on that filter.  I do see another account with your email address (different username), but perhaps you had filtering set up for notifications from that other account that is now moving the password reset emails?

You are correct, there is technically no support for the free accounts, but we'll try to work with you here to get you access to your older Subscription.

Michael

• 7.  Re: How Do You Create a Free Agile Central Account These Days?

Posted Aug 21, 2017 11:06 AM

Posting so I'm notified of any replies -- love the username miguelfuerte! Let us know if/when you find that email or you're able to get logged in! 

• 8.  Re: How Do You Create a Free Agile Central Account These Days?

Posted Aug 21, 2017 09:46 PM

Found it!  It's weird because I could not find it in my SPAM folder.  But searching for the address Michael Bulkeley mentioned found it from somewhere!  

Thank you, guys! So appreciate it.  Now to get my Javascript on.  

• 9.  Re: How Do You Create a Free Agile Central Account These Days?

Posted Aug 22, 2017 03:56 AM

miguelfuerte,

Excellent news!  Glad you are sorted!

If you would, please mark the answer correct with the email address that helped to find the password reset email.

Have a great day!

Regards,

Michael

• 10.  Re: How Do You Create a Free Agile Central Account These Days?

Posted Aug 22, 2017 09:42 AM

I was trying to find a cool meme or something to show "Getting your javascript on" but this is all I got: 

Have fun miguelfuerte!