In favour of our CICS-applications accessing IDMS and MQ, we want to set up two-phase commit.
Does anyone has done this in the past, and is willing to share some experiences and guidelines ?
The topics I'm curious about are :
- what are the "things" to think about ?
- which are the CICSOPT settings used
- Do I have to change both CICSOPT and IDMSCINT settings
- do you need different CICS interfaces within the CICS region, when both two-phase commit and non-two-phase commit applications run in this region
- what about the resynchronization transaction, is this mandatory ?
- what todo in case of a failed two-phase commit
Thanks in advance.
Best regards, Frank.