CA Service Management

Expand all | Collapse all

How can I set the default ticket type on a scratchpad.htmpl from incident to request

• 1.  How can I set the default ticket type on a scratchpad.htmpl from incident to request

Posted Aug 22, 2017 06:55 AM

Hi Communities

One of our clients is requesting to change the default ticket type on the scratchpad.htmpl from incident to request when selecting a contact and loggin through Quick profile/ Profile browser.

Is this possible and do someone know how.

Please

Regards

Edgar Louw

• 2.  Re: How can I set the default ticket type on a scratchpad.htmpl from incident to request

Posted Aug 22, 2017 07:45 AM

Hi Edgar,

Yes, but this is defined by role.  There is a 'Preferred Document' field on the role definition.  See below screen print.

Any contact selected on the Quick Profile screen with that role will default to that preferred ticket type.     

Hope that helps!
    Tammy

• 3.  Re: How can I set the default ticket type on a scratchpad.htmpl from incident to request

Posted Aug 22, 2017 07:59 AM

Tried that, but when you select a contact the scratchpad defaults back to Incident. I can' t find the default type on the scratchpad screen, in WSP.

So the client wants the scratchpad to default as well.

• 4.  Re: How can I set the default ticket type on a scratchpad.htmpl from incident to request

Posted Aug 22, 2017 08:45 AM

Hi Edgar,

Based on this similar thread "Scratchpad default ticket type" it appears as though this is not possible and customer was asked to open an Idea.

I didn't check if the Idea was opened or not. If you don't find it, then please log one so we can get voting...

Kind Regards,

Brian

• 5.  Re: How can I set the default ticket type on a scratchpad.htmpl from incident to request

Posted Aug 22, 2017 08:55 AM

Hi mr B

There is 'n idea already : Allow the default ticket type in Scratchpad to be changed.

https://communities.ca.com/ideas/235726280

• 6.  Re: How can I set the default ticket type on a scratchpad.htmpl from incident to request

Posted Aug 30, 2018 03:43 PM

Why I cannot view this article??

Thanks for the response.

Regards

Carlos Ramirez

• 7.  Re: How can I set the default ticket type on a scratchpad.htmpl from incident to request
    Best Answer

Posted Aug 22, 2017 09:37 AM

That is exactly what I was referring to --- the default ticket type on the scratchpad changes, based on the preferred document that is set on the role for the contact you have selected to be the affected customer of the ticket.  This works for me.  Are you instead asking for this to be a default that is based on the role of the analyst who is creating the ticket?

Thanks,

Tammy

• 8.  Re: How can I set the default ticket type on a scratchpad.htmpl from incident to request

Posted Aug 23, 2017 03:05 AM

Hi Tammy

Understand what mean now. Thanks Tammy but will not help the user they log for is employee and can't set all employee roles to preferred document - request this is for a specific client, not all.

thank you again for the help my lady really.

• 9.  Re: How can I set the default ticket type on a scratchpad.htmpl from incident to request

Posted Aug 23, 2017 03:56 AM

Hi Edgar,

If you create separate roles for separate clients, you would be able to control it that way as tzadell advised above (thanks Tammy!) since you can set it on the role level.  You would simply set it to whichever document you wanted to be used as the preferred document for those employees belonging to that client by way of an employee role specific to that client.

Hope that helps.

Jon I.

• 10.  Re: How can I set the default ticket type on a scratchpad.htmpl from incident to request

Posted Aug 23, 2017 07:21 AM

You're very welcome.  I would also like to see this enhanced to allow the analyst to set this default for themselves, overriding the role setting, since not all teams have the same experience with those same customers.  Some teams more often need to create incident tickets for their customers, while other teams that need to create tickets for those same customers might more often need to create requests.  

Thanks,

Tammy