CA Service Management

• 1.  insert custom table in incident detail

Posted Aug 23, 2017 04:04 AM

hi there, my scenario is as follow:

I've a custom field in usp_contact table called zdivision.

I want to show this in incident report (incident detail) along with the Assignee.. for example:

I want to show the division along with assignee combo name and organization..

need appropriate solution asap. 

• 2.  Re: insert custom table in incident detail

Posted Aug 23, 2017 04:55 AM

Hi Aqib,

When you say "report" are you referring to the "Incident Detail" report that is built into Service Desk?  If so, unfortunately we do not support customizing the summary/detail reports, so its not something we would be able to assist you with.   I would recommend using CABI (Jasper) reporting to accomplish this with a report that captures all of the fields you want to see.

Hope this helps.

Jon I.

• 3.  Re: insert custom table in incident detail

Posted Aug 23, 2017 04:59 AM

hi there, no actually I've created a webi dash board to show active incidents

• 4.  Re: insert custom table in incident detail

Posted Aug 23, 2017 07:02 AM

Ok - so this is in BOXI that you are doing this.  You would need to add your custom field to the universe, then add it to your WEBI report I believe if you wanted to show it in the report.

• 5.  Re: insert custom table in incident detail

Broadcom Employee
    Posted Aug 23, 2017 11:25 AM

Hi Aqib,

Please follow tec doc for adding schema changes to your universe.

http://www.ca.com/us/support/ca-support-online/product-content/knowledgebase-articles/tec485859.aspx

Here, we:

1. Refreshed structure on the universe.

2. Grabbed and placed zCloumn into incident and change classes

3. Saved and exported universe

4. Now you will be able to see and use field in question

Note: I assume that you have already added the custom field in the SDM schema exposed for external use.