DX NetOps

• 1.  Spectrum = CORBA request timed

Posted Aug 23, 2017 07:31 AM
      |   view attached

Hi friends, good morning

I woul like to understand what are referring to when this behavior occurs.
    We suspect that this behavior can be related in Huawei routers, because the interfaces are rebuilding when it loses the management, besides generating excessive trap and virtual memory as the VNM signals.

Number of models loaded: 74010

Version 9.2.3.10.159

Tks
    Valter

Attachment(s)

zip
    VNM.OUT.zip   5 KB 1 version

• 2.  Re: Spectrum = CORBA request timed
    Best Answer

Broadcom Employee
    Posted Aug 24, 2017 12:36 AM

This is SpectroSERVER performance issue. Check the following KD article.

"CORBA request timed out after 60000ms, possible performance problem" errors seen in CA Spectrum Control Panel and VNM.O… 

This will require deeper analysis on SpectroSERVER performance data. You are running old 9.2. My recommendation is upgrade to later Spectrum version.

Maybe you can try with reducing incoming traps (i.e. run Wireshark on the SpectroSERVER machine and identify device(s) that send huge volume of traps and work with device Administrator to reduce unnecessary traps). This is obvious as Spectrum raised the critical "Excessive Traps" alarm.

As you might know, high frequency of interface reconfiguration may affect SpectroSERVER performance too. Refer to the following KD article to avoid this.

Excessive model reconfigurations can cause CA Spectrum performance issues 

I would suggest to run Spectrum Health Report (Spectrum Control Panel -> Control menu -> SpectroSERVER Performance) also.

I hope this helps.