Gen EDGE

• 1.  Could you please help me on understanding the significance of TIRFTSC, TIRFNUMT and TIRFNUMD. C

Posted Aug 23, 2017 09:01 AM

These are run time routines in CoolGen and perform the conversions. But I want to know the functionality in details on what is being converted to what.

• 2.  Re: Could you please help me on understanding the significance of TIRFTSC, TIRFNUMT and TIRFNUMD. C
    Best Answer

Broadcom Employee
    Posted Aug 23, 2017 11:22 AM

Beulah,

The TIR functions are listed below and what they do.

TIRFTSC - Timestamp function

TIRFNUMT - timenum function

TIRFNUMD - datenum function

The documentation at docops.ca.com has information on the command syntax for each of these functions.

Cheers,

Andy

• 3.  Re: Could you please help me on understanding the significance of TIRFTSC, TIRFNUMT and TIRFNUMD. C

• 4.  Re: Could you please help me on understanding the significance of TIRFTSC, TIRFNUMT and TIRFNUMD. C

Posted Aug 24, 2017 03:25 AM

Thank You for the information on functions.

For TIRFTSC, which is timestamp,

when 9999-12-31-23.59.59.999999 is supplied as input and the output will be 9999123123595999999. Is this right?

Similarly, for TIRFNUMD and TIRFNUMT, when 00010101 and 230000 are provided as numeric input, and the output would be '00010101' and '230000'

in string format. Is this right?

I have few more routines and I am confused between few of them:

TIRVW2S - Converts CA Gen 20 char timestamp to 26 Char standard Timestamp which includes '-','.'

TIRVW2D - Converts CA Gen 8 char date to 10 Char standard Date which includes '-'.

TIRVW2T - Converts CA Gen 8 char Time to 10 Char standard Time which includes '.'.

TIRD2VW - Converts 10 char Standard date to 8 Char CA Gen Date excluding '-'.

TIRS2VW -  Converts 26 char Standard Timestamp to 20 Char CA Gen Date excluding '-' and '.'.

TIRFCHR - Converts Number to String,

TIRNUM - Converts String to Number,

TIRFDTEC - Converts 10 char Standard date to 8 Char CA Gen Date excluding '-'.

TIRDAT2 - Gets Current Date in format YYYYMMDDHHmmss.

TIRFTRIM - Removes leading and trailing spaces from input string and populates data in output string. and also gets the length of output string.

I am not aware of equivalent CAgen functions, but I understood the above things from the way input and output variables are declared.

Please confirm my understanding and if you can provide functions, it would be helpful.

Most importantly, I am unable to understand the difference between TIRFDTEC, TIRFTSC and TIRD2VW. Please help on this.

• 5.  Re: Could you please help me on understanding the significance of TIRFTSC, TIRFNUMT and TIRFNUMD. C

Broadcom Employee
    Posted Aug 25, 2017 05:01 PM

Beulah,

I am a little confused by the direction of your questions.  The documentation should have all you need, the information on the functions and syntax.  Please elaborate more on the purpose of the questions.

Cheers,

Andy

• 6.  Re: Could you please help me on understanding the significance of TIRFTSC, TIRFNUMT and TIRFNUMD. C

Broadcom Employee
    Posted Aug 28, 2017 11:54 AM

Beulah,

What's the nature of your inquiry? What are you trying to accomplish?

Rob Thompson

Product Owner, CA Gen

• 7.  Re: Could you please help me on understanding the significance of TIRFTSC, TIRFNUMT and TIRFNUMD. C

Posted Sep 07, 2017 01:53 PM

Hi,

I am sorry for delayed reply. I could not access my account due to some network issues.

Currently we are trying understand the CoolGen run time routines and Map them to Cobol functionality.

This is needed for us to revamp our Clients batch and online processes.

So, while performing the analysis of generated cobol modules, the TIR modules appeared as conversions and I wanted to confirm if my understanding about functionality of each TIR module is correct or not.

Thanks,

Beulah.