CA Service Management

• 1.  Cannot re-open tickets

Posted Aug 23, 2017 09:31 AM

Hello Community,

We have a Service Desk Manager 14.1 CUM2 implementation. We would like to know if we can configure SDM so the user cannot re-open a ticket after 1 week of being closed. Is this possible? 

We know that we can set SDM so the user cannot re-open a ticket after being closed but it lets you specify the time lapse?

Regards,

Jose Pichardo

• 2.  Re: Cannot re-open tickets

Posted Aug 23, 2017 01:12 PM

Hi Jose,

Unfortunately I dont think we have a trigger to do that as far as I know.  My first thought would be a data partition constraint, but that wouldnt work because it would have to calculate the time between date closed and current date/time which there is no function to do within data partitions.  You probably could do this with custom spelcode, but I am not sure what that would be as its outside the scope of support so we dont have much experience with that. One last thought that comes to mind thinking outside the box, (and i am honestly not sure if this would work at all but might be worth a try) is to have an event that is invoked when a ticket is closed which has a delay time of 7 days, which would then have an action macro that sets the status to a new status you create, called "Final-Close" which would also set the ticket to inactive just as the closed status does, but then you could do a status transition such that you cannot go from "Final Close" status to any other status.  That may work for you but i cannot say for sure - you would have to test that all out in a test system.

Hope this helps a bit.

Jon I.

• 3.  Re: Cannot re-open tickets

Posted Aug 23, 2017 02:11 PM

That's why best practice is to set a ticket to Resolved and then Auto-Close after a (policy based) period of time.

• 4.  Re: Cannot re-open tickets

Posted Aug 24, 2017 05:41 AM

Hello Jose,

If you go to your Administration section-->Options Manager--> Request-Change, you will get an option called edit_inactive. If you De-instal this option and , recycle your servicedesk to effect the NX.env file, it will allow you to update the inactive Incident/Requests, which are closed in status. Please try this and let me know.

Thanks

ArunavaS