Test Data Manager

• 1.  Javelin - Use Published Data as variables N times

Posted Aug 23, 2017 01:18 PM

Hi guys. 

Question. I'm able to pass values through the Published Data in Datamaker to the Javelin flow as an Action.

But is it possible to execute the javelin flow several times using more than 1 row? what if I have N published rows in the table? How could I take each of the rows and execute N times the javelin process?

In the example from the documentation, it describes that using a number for "Maximum records to use" it will take random records, but I need to be sure that the process is taking the N records exactly. Also it is saying that it needs to be a number (constant), what if I don't know the exact number of published rows?

Javelin action, Maximum Records to Use:

When using a script or published data, the number of records to use are set. For example, if “Maximum record to use” is 3, three random records are selected from the data and the Javelin Program is executed three times using this data.

Thanks a lot for your help

Lino Herrera

• 2.  Re: Javelin - Use Published Data as variables N times
    Best Answer

Broadcom Employee
    Posted Aug 24, 2017 10:08 AM

Are you choosing N here? I.e. is it the table iteration counter? If so, we could have that depend on a variable that we also pass into Javelin (and then just place the entire javelin flow within a while loop).

Alternatively, we could have Javelin literally call the publish (again passing the table iteration in as a variable it will later use to do the rest of the Javelin actions N times).

Lastly, you could do a SQL call (from javelin) to count the rows in the table which are less than an hour old, or any other data we can leverage to figure out how many new rows there are.

• 3.  Re: Javelin - Use Published Data as variables N times

Posted Aug 24, 2017 01:37 PM

Thanks Benjamin!

For this I'm using sort of your last given solution. I'm using a sql statement to extract the rows in javelin and then use a For-each process to process each row using the keys I'm publishing in Datamaker. 

I really appreciate your help. Thanks again!

Lino Herrera