DX Unified Infrastructure Management

• 1.  Azure Probe Configuration

Posted Aug 23, 2017 12:42 PM

Hi ,

I am configuring Azure probe and to do that I need to register the Azure probe in Azure portal as an application.

Please let me know while registering the application ,the URL which we need to provide should be what??

As I have registered the probe but while verifying in Admin console I am getting error as "check the credentials" error.

Where could I have missed please guide me thorugh.

Thanks

• 2.  Re: Azure Probe Configuration
    Best Answer

Broadcom Employee
    Posted Aug 29, 2017 09:50 AM

Hi,

If I understand this correctly you need to register an 'Active Directory Application' for this.  Here is some further detail:

azure (Microsoft Azure Monitoring) Release Notes - CA Unified Infrastructure Management Probes - CA Technologies Documen… 

"An Active Directory application
    This application is required to enable the probe to access the resources for each Azure subscription.  You must set up an Active Directory application with reader role access. The probe configuration requires the Azure subscription ID, Active Directory tenant ID, Active Directory client ID, and the Active Directory Client Secret Key. For more information, see Use Portal to create Active Directory application and service principal that can access resources article."

Create identity for Azure app in portal | Microsoft Docs 

Let me know if this is helpful!

• 3.  Re: Azure Probe Configuration

Posted Sep 18, 2017 05:39 AM

Hi Jason,

I have created an Active Directory Application with reader access role.
    Post that I have entered  the following details in probe configuration-the Azure subscription ID, Active Directory tenant ID, Active Directory client ID, and the Active Directory Client Secret Key.

But my profile is in failure state.

where else can the issue resides.

Thanks.

• 4.  Re: Azure Probe Configuration

Posted Sep 18, 2017 11:03 AM

Hi,

I had an simular issue when creating an profile for office 365. My issue was that I forgot to set the multi instance switch at the end of the properties of the new registert app. (not sure that is in the latest docu).

cheers.

Alex