AnsweredAssumed Answered

CASMAdmin Credentials for 17.0 Upgrade

Question asked by jlhawley on Aug 23, 2017
Latest reply on Aug 25, 2017 by Raghu.Rudraraju

We are doing our first upgrade, going from 14.1 to 17.0 (14.1 was our first version). I am onto Service Catalog and USS update. In the installer, I select use existing database in the Unified Self-Service step and add the "Company Admin Name" and "Company Admin Password" (using CASMAdmin and the password) and I get an error: "Unable to login to the selected Company. Verify the user credentials". I have read everything I could get my hands on but need help understanding a few things. I see the CASMAdmin in Service Desk, Service Catalog, and USS Control Panel but when I "fetch EEM data" from Service Catalog it says it is not in there. When I log into EEM I do not see that account which confirmed it is not in there.

Is the reason I am getting this error because it is trying to directly "log in" to USS from the installer and since there is no account in EEM it can't? I saw an article but since my first version is 14.1 didn't know if it applied here. Can this be corrected by adding the username and existing per this documentation: https://communities.ca.com/thread/241778904-how-to-change-ca-service-management-admin-credentials

If not, is the next likely scenario that the credentials (password) is wrong? If so, can I change it from the Control Panel since it is not in EEM (I see the option in the Control Panel). Sorry for the long post.

Outcomes