Need to create wily dashboard to find socket count, no of transactions on policy server and no of transactions on proxy server. Can you give me an example for each of them?
Hello Raja,I think to obtain the information you are looking you would need would need to combine different solutions, let me summarize what I know:
1) "APM Siteminder SNMP Collector" - developed by APMIt allows you to connect to the Siteminder SNMP agent to retrieve data about the Policy Servers and Web AgentsThis integration works by polling a few SNMP metrics exposed by Policy Server either locally or remotely. Make sure that the SNMP component is installed in the Policy Server.You would need to check with your team if one SNMP provide counters you need.Please note that this power pack has been removed since APM v10.x For more information, see https://support.ca.com/cadocs/1/CA%20Application%20Performance%20Management%209%201%200-ENU/Bookshelf_Files/PDF/APM_for_SiteMinder_SNMP_Collector_EN.pdffor example, page 26:SiteMinder Policy Servers|<Policy Server HostName>|Policy ServerData|Performance:Socket CountDefinition: Number of open sockets, which corresponds to the number of openconnections between the Policy Server and web agents...
2) APM for SSO (formally known as CA Wily Siteminder Manager) - developed by APMIt requires an "Introscope plugin" to be enabled in the Siteminder WebAgents and an "Events handler" to be enabled in Siteminder Policy Server.This integration provides much more metrics but it requires to be installed in the Siteminder server, seeFrom https://docops.ca.com/ca-apm-for-sso/13-0/en/metrics/siteminder-policy-server-metrics
"SuperDomain*, Agent Machine Name, EPAgentProcess Name , EPAgent(*SuperDomain*), Siteminder node, Policy Server, <PSName, >Health, SocketsCurrently in use, percentage in use, and max count of sockets."
3) "EPAgent for Siteminder SPS SiteMinder Secure Proxy Server (SPS)" - develped by SSO teamIt allows you to monitor the health of the SPS server. This integration provides visibility into:
- SPS components average response time:- HTTP Client component- Each backend server average response time- SPS wait time.- Number of hits per each proxy rule
If you need to obtain access to this integration component contact the SSO Support team.
4) Check if the "OneView Monitor GUI" provide you with the information you are looking for
I am not very familiar which every metric but I think your local SSO team should be able to help you identifying this.
I hope this helps,
One of the request is for "no of transactions on policy server". Would this inquiry be referring to APM for Siteminder?
Converting to a discussion since more of a how-to than a general question.
Retrieving data ...