Clarity

• 1.  Issue with MSP

Posted Aug 23, 2017 01:50 PM

Hi,

There is an issue when I try connecting and updating the project task details in MSP. It's that the project task details are read correctly but when I try updating the task details over there at MSP, it's not getting saved back. I checked for the mapping of fields too. But this is not working. Also when I try to map the field PRESTSUM of object type Task with a number field in MSP, I get an error stating that either that field is not available or it's not within the defined data types : Boolean, number, data and string.

Could someone brief me what's wrong with this and why import from MSP to Clarity is not happening? Any response on this would be very helpful. Thanks in advance.

Regards,

Monica

• 2.  Re: Issue with MSP

Posted Aug 23, 2017 08:33 PM

Hi  Monica,

In your question you are referring 2 issues

1. Not able to update & save Tasks from MSP
    2. Not able to Map a field

Can you please share some more details on these issues, any screenshots or any other exception/error details, it would be helpful for us to understand the issue in detail.

Regards,

Srikanth G

• 3.  Re: Issue with MSP

Broadcom Employee
    Posted Aug 29, 2017 03:51 PM

Hi Monica,

The ETC Field (PRESTSUM) is a virtual field on the Task object, so it won't be able to be mapped at the Task level to MSP. It can be mapped at the assignment level though with PPM Attribute ID of prEstSum. (Or at the task level, ETC does export to MSP as the MSP field "Remaining Work".)

For the Save issue, are you using the MSP New Driver or Legacy driver? If the New Driver, do you get a Save Successful message still when saving back? Does it happen on multiple projects? What type of change are you making to the task? (And as Srikanth mentioned, if you get an error on the Save, if you can provide the error, that would be helpful too)

Thanks,

Kristin