DX Application Performance Management

• 1.  Local Metrics Requests Per Interval Apache

Posted Aug 23, 2017 02:22 PM

Hello! Good afternoon! Here in my Introscope I can not find the metric Requests Per Interval
    Server: IBM HTTP SERVER
    Is it okay to appear in performance?

Att

PotterMan

• 2.  Re: Local Metrics Requests Per Interval Apache

Broadcom Employee
    Posted Aug 23, 2017 03:37 PM

Hi PotterMan:

Are you using APM for Web Servers. If so, look at the following:

See CA APM for Web Servers Metrics - CA Application Performance Management - 10.5 - CA Technologies Documentation 

CA APM for Web Servers metrics

All metrics appear in the Introscope Investigator tree under the Web Servers node.

There are two top-level nodes under the Web Servers node: Discovered Servers and Monitored Servers.

Thanks

Hal German

• 3.  Re: Local Metrics Requests Per Interval Apache

Posted Aug 23, 2017 08:11 PM

"Requests Per Interval" should be a Performance metric, per the following FAQ:

CA APM for Web Servers FAQs - CA Application Performance Management - 9.6 - CA Technologies Documentation 

Q. I have a new web server that is not yet available for access to anyone but the CA APM for Web Servers agent. I enabled performance metrics and for metrics such as Requests per Interval, or NotFoundErrors, I see some constant values. Is this behavior normal?

A. Yes, it is normal. To get the performance metrics from a web server, we establish a connection with the server at a defined frequency. This results in some of those metrics with values.

• 4.  Re: Local Metrics Requests Per Interval Apache
    Best Answer

Broadcom Employee
    Posted Aug 24, 2017 01:15 AM

Hi Potterman,

Per the wiki doc link Hal provided see section "Apache-based performance metrics"

By default only 2 Performance metrics will be displayed which are the ones you see:

• Current Number of Busy Workers
    • Current Number of Idle Workers

You need to enable ExtendedStatus on the web server to see the other 3 metrics including Requests Per Interval:

• Bytes Transferred Per Interval
    • Current Percentage CPU Load
    • Requests Per Interval

See ExtendedStatus on this page:

Install and Configure CA APM for Web Servers - CA Application Performance Management - 10.5 - CA Technologies Documentat… 

Hope that helps

Regards,

Lynn

https://docops.ca.com/ca-apm/10-5/en/extending/web-server-monitoring/ca-apm-for-web-servers-metrics/#CAAPMforWebServersMetrics-Apache-basedperformancemetrics

• 5.  Re: Local Metrics Requests Per Interval Apache

Posted Aug 24, 2017 09:51 AM

Hi, Lynn Williams!

thank you very much for the information. That's what I needed!
    I'll check this information on the server

Att
    PotterMan

• 6.  Re: Local Metrics Requests Per Interval Apache

Posted Aug 24, 2017 02:06 PM

Hi! Lynn Willimans! Just one more detail!

Just one more detail!
    If I activate ExtendedStatus, can this compromise the performance of Introscope?
    Att
    PotterMan

• 7.  Re: Local Metrics Requests Per Interval Apache

Broadcom Employee
    Posted Aug 24, 2017 06:37 PM

Hi PotterMan,

The effect will be to increase the metrics being monitored/processed by agent and sent to EM. So it will increase resource usage by both agent & EM but effect should be minimal as only extra 3 metrics are involved.

Regards,

Lynn