Rally Software

• 1.  Question on Predictability of Software Development Performance Index under Insights

Posted Aug 24, 2017 04:52 AM

Hello

I am trying to understand different parameters mentioned in  Software Development Performance Index  under Insights reports . Would like to know the following details

1. Parameters considered to get the Predictability score. ?  Are you considering only US or do you include Defects also when calculating this score

2. Possible to get Specific customized reports like comparison for different projects other than companies

3. How is the companies information collected . Is the list of companies who are using Rally or Hosted on a specific site

4.  Any documentation or demo videos available to show how the score is calculated ?

Requesting  your help to understand the above details

Regards

Prabhuram

• 2.  Re: Question on Predictability of Software Development Performance Index under Insights

Broadcom Employee
    Posted Aug 24, 2017 12:11 PM

Hello Prabhuram,

I have included the following help links that answers some of the frequently asked questions about Insights and an overview of how Insights calculates your data and may provide some of the answer that you are looking for.

Insights Frequently Asked Questions | CA Agile Central Help 

CA Agile Central Insights | CA Agile Central Help 

I would suggest reviewing these links and the let us know if you have any further questions.

We don't have any demo video's but there is a demo mode located in Insights that will allow to test the various scenarios.  

Please let us know if you have any questions.

Christian 

• 3.  Re: Question on Predictability of Software Development Performance Index under Insights

Posted Aug 28, 2017 12:57 AM

Hello

Thank you for the immediate reply , appreciate the same

I reviewed the links mentioned in the reply , I have got some of the queries answered from the links

I would like to know the following

1. Whether Specific customized reports like comparison for different projects other than companies

2. Whether it is possible to aggregate 2-3 projects and get a consolidated report for all the parameters like Predictability , Responsiveness  etc.

Requesting your pointers for the same at the earliest

Regards

Prabhuram

• 4.  Re: Question on Predictability of Software Development Performance Index under Insights

Posted Aug 28, 2017 06:49 AM

Hello

One more questions related to Responsiveness

The responsiveness options shows the Responsiveness  number and TiP number in percentile

Kindly clarify how Responsiveness is calculated in relation to TiP

For my project I get a Responsiveness  number of  73, 28 , 8 . Please elaborate what does this mean for a business leader or project manager

Requesting your pointers for the same at the earliest

Regards

Prabhuram

• 5.  Re: Question on Predictability of Software Development Performance Index under Insights

Broadcom Employee
    Posted Aug 28, 2017 01:07 PM

Hello Prabhuram.

There are the answers to the the previous questions you asked. 

1. Whether Specific customized reports like comparison for different projects other than companies- We currently don't any specific reports or customization that can accomplish this function.

2.  2. Whether it is possible to aggregate 2-3 projects and get a consolidated report for all the parameters like Predictability , Responsiveness  etc- You can accomplish this by creating a Virtual Workspace and including the project s that you want to compare.  You can add Virtual Workspaces by Clicking on the Gear icon next to the Demo Box.  You can then add you projects here.

Thank you,

Christian 

• 6.  Re: Question on Predictability of Software Development Performance Index under Insights

Posted Aug 28, 2017 08:00 PM

Thank you for the details regarding the customization and aggregation of projects.

Requesting information on the question related to Responsiveness

To reiterate the questions is 1) how Responsiveness is calculated in relation to TiP  2) For my project I get a Responsiveness  number of  73, 28 , 8 . Please elaborate what does this mean for a business leader or project manager

Thank you

Prabhuram

• 7.  Re: Question on Predictability of Software Development Performance Index under Insights

Posted Aug 31, 2017 12:49 PM

Hello All

Requesting your help for below questions I had send few days back at the earliest

The question  is as below

1) how Responsiveness is calculated in relation to TiP  2) For my project I get a Responsiveness  number of  73, 28 , 8 . Please elaborate what does this mean for a business leader or project manager

Thanks a lot

Prabhuram

• 8.  Re: Question on Predictability of Software Development Performance Index under Insights
    Best Answer

Posted Sep 29, 2017 04:34 PM

Hi there, 

To answer your questions: 

• Responsiveness is calculated as a value or rating between 1-100, and the higher the better.  A high responsiveness score indicates a faster time-to-market and a communicative relationship with customers. 
    • Time in Process (TiP) is calculated as the time it takes a user story to go from In Progress to Accepted, in days

So if you have a responsiveness number of 78, that's pretty good (say a C+) - your organization is fairly responsive. 28 or 8 would be fairly unresponsive, right? 

Hope that helps. 

FYI malch12