CA Service Management

Expand all | Collapse all

Adding custom buttons on a detail form shifts to second row

• 1.  Adding custom buttons on a detail form shifts to second row

Posted Aug 24, 2017 03:08 PM

Adding custom buttons onto a detail request form (detail_cr.htmpl) automatically shifts to a second row. The form already had 9 buttons being added so far and is there a way to align all buttons in a single row?

• 2.  Re: Adding custom buttons on a detail form shifts to second row

Posted Aug 25, 2017 10:06 AM

Hi Vishnu - you would have to play around with the CSS files possibly.  I am not sure what the limits or sizing are set to on it.

Jon

• 3.  Re: Adding custom buttons on a detail form shifts to second row

Posted Aug 25, 2017 10:35 AM

Hi Jon,

I tried looking into few CSS files randomly but couldn't find a control or parameter that limits the count of buttons on a detail form. It would be of great help, if you could point me to an appropriate CSS file. Thank You!

• 4.  Re: Adding custom buttons on a detail form shifts to second row

Broadcom Employee
    Posted Aug 25, 2017 10:32 AM

Vishnu, what you used to create the button? pdm_macro name=button or ImgBtnCreate? Thanks _Chi

• 5.  Re: Adding custom buttons on a detail form shifts to second row

Posted Aug 25, 2017 10:37 AM

Chi, I have used <PDM_MACRO name=button...>

• 6.  Re: Adding custom buttons on a detail form shifts to second row

Posted Aug 25, 2017 11:36 AM

I am totally not sure on this.  I have never tried to do this with a form to be honest with you.

• 7.  Re: Adding custom buttons on a detail form shifts to second row
    Best Answer

Broadcom Employee
    Posted Aug 25, 2017 11:42 AM

Vishnu, there is a NewRow parameter for this pdm_macro macro...did you try use NewRow="no" in the <PDM_MACRO name=button...>? Thanks _Chi

• 8.  Re: Adding custom buttons on a detail form shifts to second row

Broadcom Employee
    Posted Aug 25, 2017 12:09 PM

I further checked the macro script and found that the default is "no"...so I decided some test...in the detail_wf.htmpl

page I added 15 buttons after the existing one and all line up in ONE row, with the scroll bar that you can move from left to right.  Vishnu, maybe open a Support case if my suggestion above still not resolve yours?

• 9.  Re: Adding custom buttons on a detail form shifts to second row

Posted Aug 25, 2017 12:34 PM

Chi, I just double checked the buttons list and it's a combination of <PDM_MACRO name=button..> and ImgBtnCreate like Edit, Cancel and Reset buttons. The ImgBtnCreate buttons seems to be displaying on a second row. Any suggestions on how to rearrange such buttons on the same row as Macro buttons?

• 10.  Re: Adding custom buttons on a detail form shifts to second row

Posted Aug 25, 2017 01:41 PM

Out of 10+ buttons, I have identified that one button has NewRow set to YES. Now all buttons started to display in one row, after resetting it NO.

• 11.  Re: Adding custom buttons on a detail form shifts to second row

Broadcom Employee
    Posted Aug 25, 2017 02:12 PM

Vishnu, glad to know you got it. Thanks _Chi

• 12.  Re: Adding custom buttons on a detail form shifts to second row

Posted Aug 25, 2017 02:38 PM

Thanks Chi for your help.