Clarity

• 1.  Time sheet permissions

Posted Aug 25, 2017 09:54 AM

Apologies if this question has been asked before....

for example - If I want to set up time sheets so that certain managers can only see their staff time sheets and nobody else how would I do this?

At the moment we are set up with two Resource Managers that have an access right of approving time sheets for their staff however both of them are able to see the entire staff list. If I want them to see their staff only, is there a way of doing this?

Thank you

• 2.  Re: Time sheet permissions

Posted Aug 25, 2017 10:05 AM

Yes - but access rights are "additive" rather than being able remove access - what I mean by that is you first have to work out why the 2 RMs can see "everyone's timesheet" and then remove that access right ; you can then define access rules to only see certain staff (based on being the named RM for the resource or perhaps by some function of OBS units - there are many possibilities about how you could do that though).

• 3.  Re: Time sheet permissions
    Best Answer

Broadcom Employee
    Posted Aug 25, 2017 11:20 AM

If you have granted "Timesheets - Approve All"  Global access rights to the resource Managers directly or using Group the Resource managers will see all the Resources Timesheet in the application.

Remove the "Timesheets - Approve All" access right from Global Resource Access Right's.

Add "Resource - Approve Time" access from OBS Units for the Resource Managers at Resource level or Group level where the Resources will displayed based on the OBS Units Selected.

or

Add "Resource - Approve Time" Instance level access to the Resource Manager and add the respective resources that you want to approve Time sheets.

• 4.  Re: Time sheet permissions

Posted Aug 29, 2017 03:54 AM

Thank you for explaining the process, I have now been able to set this up correctly