CA Service Management

• 1.  Additional Search Arguments for CI in Change

Posted Aug 28, 2017 03:23 AM

I need to search change tickets based on CI name from the front end.

Can it be done using additional search arguments?

I checked with a couple of combinations like nr.resource_name etc...but it did not work.

• 2.  Re: Additional Search Arguments for CI in Change

Posted Aug 28, 2017 08:59 AM

Hi Chirag,

Typically to do a search for changes that have a specific CI, most folks use the change calendar, where the filter has a search for CI, and it will pull back all scheduled changes for that CI.  

I will try to see if there is another way to add a search field for CIs to the change order search filter - I have a feeling it was left out purposely for performance reasons due to the joins that have to occur (CIs are not stored in the Chg object itself and its many-to-one relationship meaning you can have multiple CIs on a change order - so the join is a bit complex and requires a bit of overhead to query).

Hope this helps a bit - I will let you know if I can think of any other ways here.

Thanks,

Jon I.

• 3.  Re: Additional Search Arguments for CI in Change

Broadcom Employee
    Posted Aug 28, 2017 10:55 AM

Chirag, the schema of this relation is

asset                BREL <- lrel_asset_chgnr.chg (LREL nr) {chg = ?}

With this BREL, I don't think you can use the additional search argument in list_chg.htmpl page. Thanks _Chi

• 4.  Re: Additional Search Arguments for CI in Change

Posted Aug 28, 2017 12:54 PM

Hi,

you can try this one:

<PDM_MACRO name=sfLookup hdr="CI" attr="asset.nr.name" factory="nr">

I recomend to check this in test env first because searching over BLREL can cause huge DB load.

Regards,

cdtj