Gen EDGE

• 1.  CA GEN 8.5 - Delete RI trigger Issue

Posted Aug 26, 2017 07:55 PM

Hi All,

I have created a new Procedure and action block which deletes the records from tables  .

Now while generating and installing  the RI Trigger in Mainframe Host Encyclopedia 

i got error

*****GENERATION ERROR , RC = 1 ******

Please let me know how to identify the cause for this error and resolve this error ?

And due to this error, i am also facing issue while installing Load module as RI Trigger is not installed due to above error

Note : Using DB2 views with Coolgen.

Thanks,

Bhavik Parekh

• 2.  Re: CA GEN 8.5 - Delete RI trigger Issue
    Best Answer

Posted Aug 27, 2017 04:45 PM

Hi Bhavik

Given your statement "Using DB2 views with Coolgen" the question comes to my mind as to whether the view in question is delete restricted.

But to answer your question...

• Generate the batch JCL;
    • Change the TIUDEBUG(X) or TIUDEBUG(OFF) reference in the CLIST to TIUDEBUG(CPSD);
    • Submit the job;

This provides you with considerable diagnostic information which hopefully allows you to determine the root cause.

See https://support.ca.com/us/knowledge-base-articles.tec1273827.html for PTFs required to use CLIST TIUDEBUG.

Geoff

• 3.  Re: CA GEN 8.5 - Delete RI trigger Issue

Posted Aug 29, 2017 10:06 PM

Thanks Geoff,

Debugging worked . And the root cause was Construction library used for RI triggers was old one . I was using the old libraries from 7.6 Gen version to store the Load module , So just replaced it  and RI trigger got successfully generated and installed !!