Service Virtualization

Expand all | Collapse all

Error with parameter Unknown Response Operation: Value cannot be empty

• 1.  Error with parameter Unknown Response Operation: Value cannot be empty

Posted Aug 28, 2017 01:11 PM

Creating a VS with MQ Native client, and I am seeing the below error when I am creating vs using request/response pair.

"Error with parameter Unknown Response Operation: Value cannot be empty"

I have provided all the parameters of MQ while creating, not sure what value has been missed here.

Kindly suggest.

thanks

VN

• 2.  Re: Error with parameter Unknown Response Operation: Value cannot be empty

Broadcom Employee
    Posted Aug 28, 2017 04:50 PM

What version of DevTest are you using ?  Are you seeing this error during the recording ?  if so, please attached the RR- pairs to this post.  

I have seen this error  when the  " unknown conversational /Stateless response "  in the VSI  is empty.  You would have to manually add some text in the VSI.  .  

• 3.  Re: Error with parameter Unknown Response Operation: Value cannot be empty

Posted Aug 29, 2017 02:25 PM

Hi Shiney,

I am using 10.1 and I see this error while creating VS using RR and also in recording.

This error is appearing when all the assets are created and brought in the recorder and click next.

• 4.  Re: Error with parameter Unknown Response Operation: Value cannot be empty

Posted Aug 29, 2017 11:46 AM

At what step are you getting this error? While configuring or at the end?

Please share a screenshot.

• 5.  Re: Error with parameter Unknown Response Operation: Value cannot be empty

Posted Aug 29, 2017 02:26 PM

Hi Monika,

This is appearing while bringing up the recorder. I pulled in all the required MQ assets on to the recorder.

I entered the channel name and clicked next. But seeing this error. This is coming both in RR pair and recorder.

• 6.  Re: Error with parameter Unknown Response Operation: Value cannot be empty

Posted Aug 29, 2017 02:29 PM

Screenshot of asset and screen where are you getting error will help in debugging.

• 7.  Re: Error with parameter Unknown Response Operation: Value cannot be empty

Posted Aug 29, 2017 02:33 PM

• 8.  Re: Error with parameter Unknown Response Operation: Value cannot be empty

Broadcom Employee
    Posted Aug 29, 2017 11:48 AM

Hello Vinay,

One probable issue is with the rr pair. When you add data protocol, like Generic XML payload parser, do you see response values? Please let us know. If the response is visible in that screen, are you setting certain field as operation?

Thanks,

Surya.

• 9.  Re: Error with parameter Unknown Response Operation: Value cannot be empty

Posted Aug 29, 2017 02:32 PM

Hi Surya,

I see this both in RR pair as well as in recorder. While recording, I just pulled in all the MQ assets and provided the channel names and selected all the MQs( live and proxy) but I am unable to go to the next step of bringing up recorder.

I have same channel names for both Request and response.

• 10.  Re: Error with parameter Unknown Response Operation: Value cannot be empty

Posted Aug 29, 2017 02:36 PM

Please note that VSM type is Proxy with Live Invocation and recording thread is set to 1

• 11.  Re: Error with parameter Unknown Response Operation: Value cannot be empty
    Best Answer

Broadcom Employee
    Posted Aug 29, 2017 02:29 PM

Vinay, can you please open a ticket with CA support..  We can look at it in a webex

Thanks

Shiney. 

• 12.  Re: Error with parameter Unknown Response Operation: Value cannot be empty

Posted Aug 29, 2017 02:32 PM

Sure Shiney.