DX NetOps

• 1.  Error in CA spectrum watches

Posted Aug 28, 2017 01:19 PM
      |   view attached

I have created different watches in spectrum on my firewall device in order to monitor different VPN tunnels down status behind my firewall. However when my firewall goes down I was able to get the evens for these watches but I am not sure why they are throwing the error which results in not giving the alarms on the console.

Also I have attached the screenshot for the events tab of the device. Request if someone can please help me out on this.

• 2.  Re: Error in CA spectrum watches

Posted Aug 28, 2017 01:34 PM

Aman,

You stated above "when my firewall goes down", are you saying when the torfwp006a firewall device goes down, you are seeing the "The evaluation of watch Watch_1 failed for model torfwp006a: Unable to read attribute tunnelState"?

Joe

• 3.  Re: Error in CA spectrum watches

Posted Aug 28, 2017 01:43 PM

Yes sir when my firewall torfwp006a goes down my tunnel will also go down which are behind that firewall and I have created the watches to monitor those tunnels. So yes when my firewall goes down I receive "The evaluation of watch Watch_1 failed for model torfwp006a" as per the events noticed on the firewall.

• 4.  Re: Error in CA spectrum watches
    Best Answer

Posted Aug 28, 2017 01:56 PM

If the torfwp006a firewall device goes down, the watch will fail because Spectrum cannot read the table on the device to get the information it needs to evaluate the watch.

Joe

• 5.  Re: Error in CA spectrum watches

Broadcom Employee
    Posted Aug 28, 2017 01:59 PM

Hello Aman

We discussed on the phone that you have some scenarios where the Checkpoint Firewall is UP and you're still seeing events "unable to read tunnelState" attribute. When this occurs, please check MIB tools to see if the tunnelState instance that is being monitored by the Watch is still an active instance within the tunnlState table. 

I will open a case for you and send you an email on this topic. 

Thank you,

~Jay V

• 6.  RE: Re: Error in CA spectrum watches

Posted May 05, 2020 02:32 PM
    I am having exactly this problem, how did you solve it?