CA Service Management

• 1.  Cannot Download Attachments, Data Partitioning

Posted Aug 28, 2017 08:34 PM

Hey all,

Just migrated to 17.0. Prior to the migration our data constraints were operating fine. Post migration we seem to be having an issue with one of our partition groups. We have certain groups locked off from various partitions. This group should be able to see everything, which they can. They are not administration. 

When they attempt to download an attachment they are getting the following errors:

Now when I do this where the access type is ADMIN using the same roles I do not get this error. But when the access time is Security. It is running into the error. Even though the role is the same otherwise. 

Hopefully this makes sense. Any thoughts?

Thanks!

• 2.  Re: Cannot Download Attachments, Data Partitioning

Broadcom Employee
    Posted Aug 29, 2017 07:09 AM

Hi Jordan,

If you have any other old version environment, can you try comparing the roles details on each version(Old vs New) to find out the differences in regards to this security access settings?

• 3.  Re: Cannot Download Attachments, Data Partitioning

Posted Aug 29, 2017 09:23 AM

Hi there,

Unfortunately. We do not have anything running on the older environment at this time.

Many thanks,

Jordan

• 4.  Re: Cannot Download Attachments, Data Partitioning

Broadcom Employee
    Posted Aug 29, 2017 09:37 AM

Apart from the Administrator, Do are you able to notice that the other users with different roles are actually able to attach / download the documents? Just trying to understand if the Attachments link are working in the first place?

• 5.  Re: Cannot Download Attachments, Data Partitioning

Posted Aug 29, 2017 10:20 AM

Hi there,

Sorry I removed my other responses. I was getting it all through email and it seemed like it was from CA support and not the CA communities. Thus my confusion. 

So if I move a ticket out of our secure groups while in the same role say from Security into Technical I can then once again download the attachments. 

Hopefully that helps clarify? Thanks!

• 6.  Re: Cannot Download Attachments, Data Partitioning

Posted Aug 30, 2017 07:16 PM

Hi Jordan - I see you are working on a support case with Paul for this one.  I am going to go ahead and mark this one as resolved on the communities for the time being.  Definitely post the solution here if you can!

Thanks,

Jon I.