IT Process Automation

• 1.  Inactive relationship

Posted Aug 29, 2017 08:05 AM

How can I inactivate that ci relationship using the update object from ITPAM, Can you please suggest me how to update the ci.

I have set the ci inactive using  set the delete_flag to 1

Regards,
    Amala

• 2.  Re: Inactive relationship

Broadcom Employee
    Posted Aug 29, 2017 12:22 PM

We are going to need more information to assist with this.  

What are you attempting to do? 

What is the end application where you are trying to modify the 'CI'? 

Are you able to modify the relationship directly through the applications API using soapui or a similar application?

• 3.  Re: Inactive relationship

Posted Aug 31, 2017 04:37 AM

Hi Mike,

What are you attempting to do?  -- Automating process to inactive CI and inactive CI relationship.

What is the end application where you are trying to modify the 'CI'?  --  End application is CA service Desk.

Are you able to modify the relationship directly through the applications API using soapui or a similar application? ----- No, trying using update object from PAM to inactive relationship. Able to inactive CI by setting CI delete_flag to 1.

• 4.  Re: Inactive relationship

Broadcom Employee
    Posted Aug 31, 2017 08:21 AM

I am not sure I understand what you are asking about Amala, do you need to set the delete flag to 1 or to 0? 

If you cannot accomplish this directly against the Service Desk API using SOAPUI or a similar soap application then Process Automation will not be able to do this either.   

Unless someone else has experience doing this and can offer some advise the best I can suggest is to break out SOAPUI and the Service Desk documentation for SOAP and the RESTFUL APIs and first determine if this is possible against the Service Desk API directly.   If successful, this should get you enough information to build that functionality into a Process.

• 5.  Re: Inactive relationship

Posted Aug 31, 2017 09:24 AM

I am attempting to inactive the relationship between two CI's using ITPAM. 

End application is CA Service desk