Test Data Manager

• 1.  Difference in connection setup for DB2 on i vs Db2 on ZOS

Posted Aug 29, 2017 01:15 PM

Hi,

Could you please share if there is any difference in using Datamaker for connecting to DB2 on ZOS vs DB2 on iSeries. Is it the same connection/driver and or DataSource License ?

Regards

Shrini

• 2.  Re: Difference in connection setup for DB2 on i vs Db2 on ZOS
    Best Answer

Posted Aug 29, 2017 01:27 PM

Hi Shrini, 

You can find information on the differences in support between DB2 z/OS and iSeries here: Supported Data Sources - CA Test Data Manager - 4.2 - CA Technologies Documentation 

There are some differences in terms of drivers:

Here is some documentation on creating profiles: Connect to Test Data Source and Target Databases - CA Test Data Manager - 4.2 - CA Technologies Documentation 

Best regards,

Taylor

• 3.  Re: Difference in connection setup for DB2 on i vs Db2 on ZOS

Posted Aug 29, 2017 01:37 PM

Thanks for the quick response.

So if we need Datamaker to connect to both DB2 on iSeries and on ZOS, we need to get a separate datasource license for each. In the absence of this license, we will not be able to connect to these data sources and generate/retrieve data.

Please let me know if this understanding is correct.

• 4.  Re: Difference in connection setup for DB2 on i vs Db2 on ZOS

Posted Aug 29, 2017 01:45 PM

Hi Shrini, 

I am not familiar with how the data source license/contracts work, but your CA Account Manager will be able to tell you. I can tell you that it is all technically one TDM license. 

If they are two separate DB2 instances, you would need two separate DB2 profiles in Datamaker. 

Best regards,

Taylor

• 5.  Re: Difference in connection setup for DB2 on i vs Db2 on ZOS

Posted Aug 29, 2017 01:55 PM

Ok, great..Thanks Taylor!