Rally Software

• 1.  I need to export Test Cases in Word or PDF format rather than csv format at clients request. Is that possible in rally?

Posted Aug 29, 2017 10:39 AM

I need them all in one Word doc, just on different pages.

• 2.  Re: I need to export Test Cases in Word or PDF format rather than csv format at clients request. Is that possible in rally?
    Best Answer

Broadcom Employee
    Posted Aug 30, 2017 03:51 AM

Hi KenBell82343104

Unfortunately, I am afraid that is not a current functionality that would let you export test cases to MS tool directly. 

I can certainly understand how an improvement of this functionality is beneficial and I would encourage you to post this topic on CA Agile Central Ideas at http://ideas.rallydev.com/ to garner additional discussion and votes from other CA Agile Central users.

Your Rally Ideas account activates by logging in using your Rally username and password.

Then, share the link to your idea to a relevant discussion post in the CA Agile Central Community (https://communities.ca.com/community/ca-agile-central) to secure votes and comments for the idea!

Below is an idea similar to your request: https://ideas.rallydev.com/ct/ct_a_view_idea.bix?c=FB85CCBC-A755-42AD-AF8E-6F2B539BECEC&idea_id=EFC65723-8141-497F-B98B-… 

please let me know if you have any other questions. 

• 3.  Re: I need to export Test Cases in Word or PDF format rather than csv format at clients request. Is that possible in rally?

Broadcom Employee
    Posted Aug 30, 2017 03:55 AM

Hi Ken,

There is no direct option to export to Word, but you would have the following options to gets this done:

- Use our Excel plugin (CA Agile Central Add-in for Excel Installation & User Guide | CA Agile Central Help ) to export into Excel and than save the file as pdf. Or copy over to Word...

- Use the print option on the TestCase page. Instead to print on a printer use Print to PDF

- Export to CSV and import that data into Excel/Word ...

• 4.  Re: I need to export Test Cases in Word or PDF format rather than csv format at clients request. Is that possible in rally?

Broadcom Employee
    Posted Aug 30, 2017 04:29 AM

Hi KenBell82343104

One more option should be Technical Services Team, they may be able to further assist with PDF exporting/creation. This is a fee-based service. If you are interested in assistance from CA Technical Services to accomplish exportation. please let me know and I will put you in touch with a CA Agile Central Account Manager who can assist in scoping this effort with our Technical Services Team. 

• 5.  Re: I need to export Test Cases in Word or PDF format rather than csv format at clients request. Is that possible in rally?

Broadcom Employee
    Posted Aug 31, 2017 11:16 AM

Hey Ken,  if you're on the Test Cases page, have you tried the Actions - Print Report option?  When the print dialog window comes up you can select PDF at the bottom of the screen, then Print.